Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Showing "Miracle on 34th Street" on 34th Street

DVDPhreak

Yesterday, Robert Osborne hosted an outdoor showing of the Christmas classic right outside Macy's store on 34th Street, New York.  Here is a video clip.  It was only a few blocks from where I worked, so I went there and took a glimpse after I left work. It was a nice place to show the movie, but as everyone knows, the whole country is unseasonably cold right now.  And it was just too darn cold for anyone to stay out for long to watch the movie (even though they put nice red couches for the viewers).

Very interesting.  As a person whom has never been within even a thousand miles of The Big Apple (never really wanted to go as I am a country hick and proud of it) I enjoy clips like this from a distance but love the personalities involved.  If I could just have teleported to a couch in front of the screen for two hours to listen to Mr. Osborne speak and then watch the movie I would have enjoyed the viewing. 

Yesterday, Robert Osborne hosted an outdoor showing of the Christmas classic right outside Macy's store on 34th Street, New York.  Here is a video clip.  It was only a few blocks from where I worked, so I went there and took a glimpse after I left work. It was a nice place to show the movie, but as everyone knows, the whole country is unseasonably cold right now.  And it was just too darn cold for anyone to stay out for long to watch the movie (even though they put nice red couches for the viewers).

That weather should have gotten people into the spirit of Christmas. Is this a trend? The next offering should be showing THE HOUSE ON 92ND STREET on 92nd Street.

That's a great idea, but unfortunately these things have to be planned months in advance and as pointed out there's no controlling the weather. Living in upstate New York, I'd suggest an outdoor screening of NIAGARA with the actual falls in the background, but that's only a few miles  from where they just got eight feet of snow, so lets make that one in August. :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings