Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

movies others loved but you don't even like them

MY FAIR LADY

LAWRENCE OF ARABIA (any David Lean film post BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI, and even that one to some extent)

FUNNY FACE

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

STAR WARS (any of them)

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN

THE WOMEN

THE LION KING

AN AMERICAN IN PARIS

ON GOLDEN POND

• Like 1

For me, it's usually anything that Oliver Stone directs. When I was in film school, he was the director everyone seemed to admire. I just felt he was overrated, and I resented the fact that even his most mediocre efforts were regarded as masterpieces. The one consolation I have now is that many of his films do not hold up as well as people back then thought they would.

• Like 1

Lawrence of Arabia

Georgy Girl

North By NorthWest

Sabrina

The Godfather (I, II, and III)

Westside Story

The Sound of Music

True Grit

Most romance movies i.e. "On Golden Pond", etc.  The only exception "Kate and Leopold".

Clint Eastwood in a romance film?...the horror!

Maybe if they put into the plot the bridge will be attack by terrorist using a cruse missile.

the%2Bbridges%2Bof%2Bmadison%2Bcounty.jp

THIS was more entertaining

• Like 1

Rocky

Jaws (I, II, III and I hope there were no more)

Superman (see above)

Indiana Jones and his idiotic sequels

ET

Grease

West Side Story

North by Northwest

Casablanca

Star Wars (whatever the form, whatever the sequel, whatever the year)

Pirates of the Caribbean (see above)

Laura

2001 A Space Odyssey

A Clockwork Orange

Harvey

Shrek (and whatever sequels)

Good grief, I could go on and on all day long about this topic...

Casablanca-in fact with a couple of exemptions most Bogart films

Most Tracy-Hepburn match ups-like them separately but not together

Bringing Up Bany-so, so stupid and annoying

It Happened One Night-like the actors but just don't find this very funny

Carole Lombard's so called comedies

But my most hated film of all time is

When Harry Met Sally-I can watch the above mentioned films and actors but none of them make me want to punch something like this movie. I loathe it with every fiber of my being.

• Like 1

A few posts below TopBilled mentioned OLIVER STONE and the only 3 movies I've ever watched directed by him were:  SEIZURE (1974), THE HAND (1981) and THE DOORS (1991).  I might watch BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY (1989) some time, but I've zero interest in watching JFK, NIXON or any other Oliver Stone flick.  I liked "Seizure" and "The Hand" well enough to watch again, but "The Doors" got to be tiresome.  I didn't hate "The Doors", but it seemed to drag on and on . . .

SEIZURE is fairly weird and probably a lot less pretentious than Oliver's later historical fiction movies.  Starred Jonathan Frid, I might add.

--------------------------------------------

There are those who very much like THE USUAL SUSPECTS (1995) and KILL BILL, Vol. 1 (2004).  I am not among them.  Ugh!

• Like 1

Gone With the Wind

Star Wars

It's a Wonderful Life

Indiana Jones

Die Hard (I do like the third one, thanks to Samuel L. Jackson)

Titanic

Casablanca ... sort of.  It's not true to say I don't like it at all, but I like it SO MUCH less than most people that I had to include it anyway.

Gone With the Wind

Star Wars

It's a Wonderful Life

Indiana Jones

Die Hard (I do like the third one, thanks to Samuel L. Jackson)

Titanic

Casablanca ... sort of.  It's not true to say I don't like it at all, but I like it SO MUCH less than most people that I had to include it anyway.

Why don't you like "It's A Wonderful Life"??

Yeah, most of us could disagree with many of the choices made here, but then, THEY could disagree with many of OURS.

MY choices would be.....

VERTIGO

THE ENGLISH PATIENT

Any TWILIGHT pic

THE SOUND OF MUSIC

THE GREAT GATSBY ( Redford)

THE WAY WE WERE

CHICAGO

Any TRANSFORMER swill

BULL DURHAM

FAME

DR. DOOLITTLE( either one)

THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST

SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE( I had NO problem sleeping through THIS one!)

SHAMPOO

KNOTTING HILL  ( I'd jokingly call this one, "NODDING HILL")

FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL

AMERICAN GIGOLO

So far, at least...

Sepiatone

A Clockwork Orange is the worst movie I ever saw BUT I actually enjoyed many that some of you listed that you dislike. My husband loves the movie Bullet and I can't stand it. We all have different taste, if we liked the same things, this would be a boring world.

I had to edit this post to add another movie I disliked. Cast Away. Tom Hanks was stranded on an island after his plane crashes in the South Pacific. He talks to that ball for most of the movie. Epic Fail IMO.

• Like 1

A Clockwork Orange is the worst movie I ever saw BUT I actually enjoyed many that some of you listed that you dislike. My husband loves the movie Bullet and I can't stand it. We all have different taste, if we liked the same things, this would be a boring world.

I had to edit this post to add another movie I disliked. Cast Away. Tom Hanks was stranded on an island after his plane crashes in the South Pacific. He talks to that ball for most of the movie. Epic Fail IMO.

I agree with Clockwork Orange, can't stand that film, never could. Saw the film when it first opened in theaters. I've avoided it ever since. I will usually give a film a second chance, but not this one

• Like 2

Cast Away - and then dumped his wife after falling in love with a basketball and finding someone else..........tripe movie, I agree.

Amusing anecdote about A Clockwork Orange, bear with me if you will. The year is 1971 or 1972, and I'm still a scaredy-cat little RCC girl, even though I'm in a public college. I'm in a film class, and loving it, and the professor wanted us to see the first run of ACO in a theater in lower Manhattan. Well, I talked myself out of it, as I did out of a play I should have gone to see whose title I can't even type here the auto censor would delete it all, and regretted it for years and years to come.

Finally, I bought the tape, watched it, .......................... and hated it. Mind you, I adore Warren Clarke in Dalziel and Pascoe and sorely regret his dying about which no one else seems to care, but his movie was m.................e...............r...........d............e. Ugly, ugly little movie.

• Like 1

Most romance movies i.e. "On Golden Pond", etc.  The only exception "Kate and Leopold".

Clint Eastwood in a romance film?...the horror!

Maybe if they put into the plot the bridge will be attack by terrorist using a cruse missile.

the%2Bbridges%2Bof%2Bmadison%2Bcounty.jp

THIS was more entertaining

I really enjoyed The Bridges Of Madison County.

• Like 1

Yeah, most of us could disagree with many of the choices made here, but then, THEY could disagree with many of OURS.

MY choices would be.....

VERTIGO

THE ENGLISH PATIENT

Any TWILIGHT pic

THE SOUND OF MUSIC

THE GREAT GATSBY ( Redford)

THE WAY WE WERE

CHICAGO

Any TRANSFORMER swill

BULL DURHAM

FAME

DR. DOOLITTLE( either one)

THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST

SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE( I had NO problem sleeping through THIS one!)

SHAMPOO

KNOTTING HILL  ( I'd jokingly call this one, "NODDING HILL")

FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL

AMERICAN GIGOLO

So far, at least...

Sepiatone

BLOW UP

BLOW UP

Oh, YEAH, DGF!   THAT one was a disappointment to me!  And such a BIG DEAL was made about it!

Let's add to my list:

BRINGING UP BABY

MARNIE

MAMA MIA

THE DEER HUNTER

SHALLOW HAL

CLEOPATRA ( 1963)

YENTL

More later, maybe...

Sepiatone

Oh, YEAH, DGF!   THAT one was a disappointment to me!  And such a BIG DEAL was made about it!

Let's add to my list:

BRINGING UP BABY

MARNIE

MAMA MIA

THE DEER HUNTER

SHALLOW HAL

CLEOPATRA ( 1963)

YENTL

More later, maybe...

Sepiatone

Since my real name is Hal, I'll agree on SHALLOW HAL, just from the title.