Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Missing John Wayne Thread

hamradio

I can still access the thread using my browser history but not directly through the TCM website..  It only says it's in the TCM Message Boards.

I provided the link and snapshot.  What gives, private debating only?

TCM Administrator, if you are planning a deletion, please move it to the Off Topic Forum.

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/51164-the-thread-about-john-wayne-the-mediocre-actor-who-along-with-his-fans-believed-his-ridiculous-screen-persona-but-who-was-a-sissy-in-real-life/&do=findComment&comment=1041561

11lhgt5.jpg

I can still access the thread using my browser history but not directly through the TCM website..  It only says it's in the TCM Message Boards.

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/51164-the-thread-about-john-wayne-the-mediocre-actor-who-along-with-his-fans-believed-his-ridiculous-screen-persona-but-who-was-a-sissy-in-real-life/&do=findComment&comment=1041561

11lhgt5.jpg

I think we beat that one to death.

TCM Administrator, if you are planning a deletion, please move it to the Off Topic Forum.

11lhgt5.jpg

Well, THIS is certainly good to know, ham!

'Cause I THOUGHT I did some of my "best work" in THAT sucker, and it's SO good to know that it isn't "lost to posterity"!

(...though as always, I seem to be in the minority opinion around here...OR as my wife prefers to say about me: "I'm the funniest guy I know!")  LOL

• Like 1

Any thread that veers into a discussion about Jane Fonda's politics (and now John Wayne's politics) is automatically heading to bye-bye-ville.

Well, LETS just hope that nobody in THIS thread now mentions Alec Baldwin!!!

'Cause HE seems to be a bit of a "lightning rod" around these here parts TOO, ya know...though thankfully it seems not as much lately.

(...and MY guess about why THAT is, is 'cause compared to Drew Barrymore's performances on The Essentials, even the most die-hard of Conservatives now miss him on that show!!!!)  LOL

I advocate that ALL threads have a one week expiration date.  If it hasn't been said in that length of time, probably does not need to be said.  If someone really, really, really wants to continue, they can start a new thread.

One benefit is that you wouldn't have threads with 200+ postings.  Actually, if I see one that has over 20 postings, I probably won't open it unless I have been there before.

• Like 1

I advocate that ALL threads have a one week expiration date.  If it hasn't been said in that length of time, probably does not need to be said.  If someone really, really, really wants to continue, they can start a new thread.

One benefit is that you wouldn't have threads with 200+ postings.  Actually, if I see one that has over 20 postings, I probably won't open it unless I have been there before.

Hah..........wait until this one is blown up.

Tick.

Tock.

Well, THIS is certainly good to know, ham!

'Cause I THOUGHT I did some of my "best work" in THAT sucker, and it's SO good to know that it isn't "lost to posterity"!

(...though as always, I seem to be in the minority opinion around here...OR as my wife prefers to say about me: "I'm the funniest guy I know!")  LOL

This isn't the first time that John Wayne has been discussed mostly in terms of his failure to serve in WW II. The subject seems to generate a huge number of posts. I, for one, don't see what's so fascinating about him.

This isn't the first time that John Wayne has been discussed mostly in terms of his failure to serve in WW II. The subject seems to generate a huge number of posts. I, for one, don't see what's so fascinating about him.

At the Star of the Month subforum, I will occasionally check the number of views a thread gets that I've created. The June Allyson and Rock Hudson ones paled in comparison to the John Wayne thread. Even after his month, April, had come and gone and after his films were jammed into a full-week marathon, that thread kept being viewed all summer. Unfortunately, that means he is still a huge household name (still selling DVDs like hotcakes) and because of that we can expect TCM to make him a Summer Under the Stars honoree next year and Star of the Month again in about four years.

Oy to the yellow belly vey.

At the Star of the Month subforum, I will occasionally check the number of views a thread gets that I've created. The June Allyson and Rock Hudson ones paled in comparison to the John Wayne thread. Even after his month, April, had come and gone and after his films were jammed into a full-week marathon, that thread kept being viewed all summer. Unfortunately, that means he is still a huge household name (still selling DVDs like hotcakes) and because of that we can expect TCM to make him a Summer Under the Stars honoree next year and Star of the Month again in about four years.

Oy to the yellow belly vey.

I agree that I would rather discuss John Wayne than discuss June Allyson. I would rather have dental surgery than discuss June Allyson.

• Like 1

Well, LETS just hope that nobody in THIS thread now mentions Alec Baldwin!!!

'Cause HE seems to be a bit of a "lightning rod" around these here parts TOO, ya know...though thankfully it seems not as much lately.

(...and MY guess about why THAT is, is 'cause compared to Drew Barrymore's performances on The Essentials, even the most die-hard of Conservatives now miss him on that show!!!!)  LOL

So true! I am one of those "diehard conservatives", and I absolutely loved Alec Baldwin on The Essentials.

Except for his terrible taste in Mutiny on the Bounty. :)

So maybe Alec likes his Mister Christians a little more "Oh the humanity! Why does Bligh have to be so insensitive to the men?/contemplative type" than he does the more "This damn captain is making me mad as hell and I'd like to punch him right in the face!/scornful type", Fedya?

(...ever think o' THAT???) ;)

Maybe it was deleted because some advocated draft dodging and jaywalking, lol.

Yeah, come to THINK of it, I DO believe that thread was pulled right after DownGoesFrazier mentioned somethin' about being an advocate of jaywalking in it!

(...but don't quote me on this...and don't worry the rest of you...DGF will know what I'm talkin' about here once he reads this) ;)

HAH................bye.........................bye...........................and good riddance.

Why? Because Jane Fonda was married to Ted Turner?

I should not post this, but I will. I am a recovering alcoholic, and in the 1990's I was in a treatment center, and during one of our sessions, this one guy that was in the Vietnam war opened up about Jane Fonda. By the time he was done, there wasn't a dry eye in the house, and I (and a few others) clapped. I have lost one of my nephews in the Iraq war, but I just can't think of anyone more scummy than Miss Jane Fonda and what she did to the morale of our boys over there.

Flame on!!!!

Why? Because Jane Fonda was married to Ted Turner?

I should not post this, but I will. I am a recovering alcoholic, and in the 1990's I was in a treatment center, and during one of our sessions, this one guy that was in the Vietnam war opened up about Jane Fonda. By the time he was done, there wasn't a dry eye in the house, and I (and a few others) clapped. I have lost one of my nephews in the Iraq war, but I just can't think of anyone more scummy than Miss Jane Fonda and what she did to the morale of our boys over there.

Flame on!!!!

Gladys, did you read the original post?

TopBilled, on 24 Nov 2014 - 1:19 PM, said:snapback.png

Any thread that veers into a discussion about Jane Fonda's politics (and now John Wayne's politics) is automatically heading to bye-bye-ville.

primosprimos, on 24 Nov 2014 - 2:33 PM, said:snapback.png

HAH................bye.........................bye...........................and good riddance.

I have been calling Hanoi Jane a traitor for as long as the subject comes up.

Tick.

Tock.

As a Vietnam veteran, Jane Fonda's politics did not bother me then or now.  In fact, I was stationed at Ft. Bragg when she made an appearance near there.  Nor did John Wayne's.  They were both out of touch with reality.

Very early on, I learned that celebrities know little to nothing about government, politics or anything related to them.  They have spent their entire lives learning to say what somebody else told them to say.  And pretty much insulated from the real world.

I still enjoy some of her movies and some of John Wayne's, but only as good actors.

Yeah, come to THINK of it, I DO believe that thread was pulled right after DownGoesFrazier mentioned somethin' about being an advocate of jaywalking in it!

(...but don't quote me on this...and don't worry the rest of you...DGF will know what I'm talkin' about here once he reads this) ;)

Don't try to tell me with a straight face that you've never walked the jay.

As a Vietnam veteran, Jane Fonda's politics did not bother me then or now.  In fact, I was stationed at Ft. Bragg when she made an appearance near there.  Nor did John Wayne's.  They were both out of touch with reality.

Very early on, I learned that celebrities know little to nothing about government, politics or anything related to them.  They have spent their entire lives learning to say what somebody else told them to say.  And pretty much insulated from the real world.

I still enjoy some of her movies and some of John Wayne's, but only as good actors.

That's why there's chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream.

Guest TCMModerator1

Please keep all comments within the boundaries of the Code of Conduct.  http://www.tcm.com/code-of-conduct.html

The reason the other thread was removed was because people could not seem to post without intentionally offending others (regardless of your political view).  Disagreements and differing view points are perfectly fine and welcomed, but do it in a manner that isn't an attack or offensive.  There are plenty of other sites where you can argue politics till you wear out your keyboard.

Any content or use that insults, is derogatory of, intentionally harasses, or advocates harassment of, another person, or groups of persons, or is abusive, threatening, or defamatory to other users. If you disagree with something another user has posted, do so in a courteous manner, and do not disparage, insult, or otherwise attack other users personally.