Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (1956)

Even the remake is well done. I could stand to see a back-to-back with these two.

Which one? I'm sure you mean this one (and I agree! I love this one, too)

Invasion-poster-1.jpg

but then there's this one:

body_snatchers_boxcover_stor.jpg

and then there's this one:

large_AiGIhoLpX4gcbbaX6JwFSygAqPY.jpg

• Like 3

Which one? I'm sure you mean this one (and I agree! I love this one, too)

Invasion-poster-1.jpg

but then there's this one:   ...and then there's this one:

These two are too modern for my taste.

fpBgZIi.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2016 at 6:46 AM, RipMurdock said:

Saw that once but the remake was better with Donld Southerland.

Yeah, I think this is a case where the remake is just as good as the original. The cast in the second film is quite excellent, and without the production code, they're freer to depict things a bit more graphically.

Yeah, I think this is a case where the remake is just as good as the original. The cast in the second film is quite excellent, and without the production code, they're freer to depict things a bit more graphically.

I remember seeing the remake first, and being downright terrified by the sight of the pod shells and just the whole final scene.

But I agree, both are as good as one another. I remember having to watch the original movie multiple times to analyse the story in my film class. Despite the production code stuff, I still had nightmares about pod people for at least a week.

• Like 1
On 8/27/2016 at 10:21 AM, MiddleGround17 said:

I remember seeing the remake first, and being downright terrified by the sight of the pod shells and just the whole final scene.

But I agree, both are as good as one another. I remember having to watch the original movie multiple times to analyse the story in my film class. Despite the production code stuff, I still had nightmares about pod people for at least a week.

Yes...I also watched the original in a film class. As I stated earlier in the thread, scholars consider it a seminal work of 50s science fiction. It really needs to be shown on TCM.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...