Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my thanksgiving viewing

I love Planes, Trains and Automobiles!  My favorite part is when they're sharing the bed in the hotel room and Steve Martin wipes his face with John Candy's underwear.  Then there's always the "Those aren't pillows!" part.  My second favorite part is when John Candy is driving and lip syncing to that jazz song and ends up getting his coat stuck on the window opening lever. 

He says we're going the wrong way

Oh, he's drunk. How would he know where we're going?

Steve Martin's f-word l-aden speech in the car rental place is a classic too. 

Planes, Trains and Automobiles is my family's annual Thanksgiving movie too.

EDIT: Apparently "l-aden" is an inappropriate word?!

I would venture to state that "The Mess Around" by Ray Charles is more of a "Rhythm and Blues" tune than jazz, but I get your point.  There's a lot of great moments in that movie, I often forget just how good it was.  And thanks, I think I'll add it to my viewing list this year!

Sepiatone

I love Planes, Trains and Automobiles!  My favorite part is when they're sharing the bed in the hotel room and Steve Martin wipes his face with John Candy's underwear.  Then there's always the "Those aren't pillows!" part.  My second favorite part is when John Candy is driving and lip syncing to that jazz song and ends up getting his coat stuck on the window opening lever. 

He says we're going the wrong way

Oh, he's drunk. How would he know where we're going?

Steve Martin's f-word l-aden speech in the car rental place is a classic too. 

Planes, Trains and Automobiles is my family's annual Thanksgiving movie too.

EDIT: Apparently "l-aden" is an inappropriate word?!

The auto-censor has a dirty mind. He (yes, he) thought you spelled it l-a-i-d-e-n.

I associate Thanksgiving with "King Kong" (1933) in the ancient days they use to run on regular tv

I use to associate Thanksgiving with football but now I associated it with Dick Cheney!

Related to Thanksgiving and football;  On Monday night football they showed a truck full of Turkeys.   The host made a comment like well there they go.  Now,  he didn't say where they were going but it was clear this was going to be their last ride!   My wife said to me;  'yea, of course we have to kill turkeys to eat them,  but why did the producer feel this image was something we should see'. 

I answered; what should they have shown a truck full of pumpkins, green beans, potatoes,  and cranberries!