Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
HoldenIsHere

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Here is the first "teaser" trailer for the new STAR WARS movie---THE FORCE AWAKENS ("Episode 7"), directed by J.J. Abrams, scheduled for release in December 2015. 

This will be the first movie "episode" in the main story arc since Disney purchased the franchise.

Don't give you much to go on, does it.....

I guess that's why they call it a teaser.

There will probably be a lot of teasing before we see a full trailer.

Here is the latest teaser that begins showing in theaters today (November 28):

It includes a clip of the Milennium Falcon flying over (what appears to be) the planet Tatooine.

The first three were great the second three so-so, let's see how they do with these ones. I don't have high expectations as there is not a lot they can add unless they make Gandolf become darth vader's lost nephew and morph this into Lord of The Rings trilogies.                                                                                                                                                                                                              

I'm interested in seeing a trailer with more clues about Adam Driver's role in the movie.

When his casting was announced, the rumor was that he would be playing a villain, but now there are rumors that he will be playing the son of Leia and Han Solo who is seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. 

adam-driver-han-leia-episode7.jpg

(I wonder if there will be any sex scenes like his ones in Girls?. . . . kidding, kidding)  

The first three were great

I hated the 3rd one. Other than seeing Carrie in her slave-girl getup, there was nothing in that one that didn't suck.

• Like 1

I hated the 3rd one. Other than seeing Carrie in her slave girl getup, their was nothing in that one that didn't suck.

Yes, Harrison Ford derisively commented that RETURN OF THE JEDI ended with a Teddie Bear picnic (referring to the Ewok celebration of the defeat of the Empire).

Years later when George Lucas tweaked his original trilogy he added scenes to RETURN OF THE JEDI showing celebrations on other worlds (some of which were introduced in the prequel movies).

The first three were great the second three so-so, let's see how they do with these ones. I don't have high expectations as there is not a lot they can add unless they make Gandolf become darth vader's lost nephew and morph this into Lord of The Rings trilogies.                                                                                                                                                                                                              

AND of course the reason for this was...

GEORGE LUCAS FORGOT WHAT MADE THE FIRST THREE SO MUCH FREAKIN' FUN...IT WAS THE LIGHTHEARTED COMIC ELEMENTS IN THE ORIGINAL THREE...and there was LITTLE of that in those PLOT-DRIVEN "prequels" later to come, and so one DIDN'T have be some "Sci-fi nerd" in order to ENJOY the first three!

(...and so I SURE hope the guy has "learned his lesson" THIS time!)

• Like 1

GEORGE LUCAS FORGOT WHAT MADE THE FIRST THREE SO MUCH FREAKIN' FUN...IT WAS THE LIGHTHEARTED COMIC ELEMENTS IN THE ORIGINAL THREE...and there was LITTLE of that in those PLOT-DRIVEN "prequels" later to come.

(,,,and so I SURE hope the guy has "learned his lesson" THIS time!)

With J.J. Abrams in control this time, I think there will be a lot of the humor (see his STAR TREK reboots for examples). 

With J.J. Abrams in control this time, I think there be a lot of the humor (see his STAR TREK reboots for examples). 

Good point. While I'm not a big Abrams fan, I DO think he did a very good job on that first "new" Star Trek" movie a few years back that introduced Chris Pine to movie audiences.

Here is the first "teaser" trailer for the new STAR WARS movie---THE FORCE AWAKENS ("Episode 7"), directed by J.J. Abrams, scheduled for release in December 2015. 

This will be the first movie "episode" in the main story arc since Disney purchased the franchise.

Good to know Disney didn't mess it up. Can't seem to tell the difference. Love the new light saber, looks like a flaming sword.

Snapshot

skug0k.jpg

Good point. While I'm not a big Abrams fan, I DO think he did a very good job on that first "new" Star Trek" movie a few years back that introduced Chris Pine to movie audiences.

older trekkers will continue to abhore the new cr ap. older trekkers know what star trek oughta be and it ain't millennials in outer space.

no sir.

classic star trek was adult men and women in a future space service called starfleet.

William Shatner will be the true Captain Kirk for as long as he is with us and a millennial-serving hollywood will never change that.

the new j.j. abrams films aren't star trek but millennial-catering cr ap ola.

Shatner is the man! if he were ever to do a cd audioplay reprising kirk you would see sales worldwide at hyperwarp velocities.

this trekker has spoken.

William Shatner is the real Captain Kirk

2939ekz.jpg

From The Verge  (http://www.theverge.com)

A new Star Wars trailer is coming with Avengers: Age of Ultron

May the First be with you

By Ross Miller on

December 2, 2014 11:24 am

With the first Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser out of the way and talked about ad infinitum, the next big question is: what's next? Well, looks like we'll be waiting at most half a year: SlashFilm reports (and sound logic dictates) that the next Star Wars trailer will play before Disney's very large superhero blockbuster sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron. That's scheduled for release May 1st, 2015, which also happens to be the weekend before May 4th — aka Star Wars Day. ("May the Fourth / Force Be With You." Get it?)

That all seems obvious enough, but what about the 165 or so days before Marvel's next film? There are two big Disney films in between (Into the Woods on Christmas Day and Cinderella on March 13th), but those don't necessarily seem as obvious of a tie-in as, say, the Super Bowl. Plus Abrams and company have been (mostly) good about keeping the excitement going online through various teasers. We probably won't get any major reveals, however — by our count, there are about six newcomers and all the returning players whose faces we've yet see — until some tentpole event.

Look on the light side: you've only got, like, five or six months to go. At most.

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Plot Elements About Han Solo And Leia’s Relationship—Report [Possible SPOILERS or perhaps purposedly leaked misinformation?] The leaks of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" continue, with the latest report being on the first few scenes involving the characters Han Solo and Leia. The report elaborates on the current state of their relationship. [Warning: {Possible} Spoiler Alert!] Han Solo and Leia may still not be a loving couple in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens." According to a report by StarWarsFanpedia, the two characters may have had some adventures together in the past, but they will reportedly be living apart in the upcoming movie. The reports are still unconfirmed and readers are advised to treat them as rumours at this time.

Events in the movie will reportedly focus on the lightsaber of Luke Skywalker. According to the report, the Empire is still present in the movie, after the death of the emperor in the original trilogy. Oscar Isaac's character is revealed to be the X-wing pilot who meets John Boyega's character early on in the movie.

According to the report, Oscar Isaac's character is captured and taken to an Imperial ship. John Boyega's character is said to be detained for questioning his orders and defying the Empire on the same ship. The two manage to escape and meet Daisy Ridley's character. The trio then meet Han Solo to find a safe passage out of the planet without the Empire noticing.

At this point, the viewers will reportedly get to see the reunion of Han Solo and Leia Organa in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens." Daisy's character is said to have an old lightsaber that she shows to Han Solo. The lightsaber is said to belong to Luke Skywalker and Han Solo decides to take his young friends to meet the leader of the Rebel Alliance.

Leia Organa is said to be the leader of the Rebel Alliance in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens." According to the report, the reunion between Han Solo and Leia is not a happy one, but the young friends manage to get a safe passage out of the planet.

The group will reportedly be looking for Luke Skywalker. The possible encounter with Luke Skywalker in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is said to be "powerful." Fans of the franchise have already seen John Boyega's character as a Stormtrooper in the movie trailer as well as some action involving the X-wing fighters and the Millennium Falcon. Will the fans ever get to see Han Solo and Leia Organa as a married couple?

The real problem here is STAR WARS was a successful product of it's time. It was a simple, old fashioned story with cool special effects for it's day. It's no WIZARD OF OZ classic, but more of a Harryhousen CLASH OF THE TITANS kids adventure type movie.

But it's "greatness" has been blown out of proportion and Lucas milked it's success far too long. (same goes for STAR TREK and all the other sci-fi comic book type franchises)

I find it fitting Lucas has dumped it on Disney, there's no where for it to go and Disney hasn't a clue since they no longer create anything, just contract out.

Just dead in the water.

And yes, Shatner will always be the only great Captain of the Enterprise. They don't make that kind of smokin' ham anymore.

And yes, Shatner will always be the only great Captain of the Enterprise. They don't make that kind of smokin' ham anymore.

I laughed out loud at the "smokin' ham" comment. 

Y'know, if they use ANY of the "original" cast members, they should call it------AARP WARS!

Sepiatone

Y'know, if they use ANY of the "original" cast members, they should call it------AARP WARS!

Harrison Ford  (age 72) broke his leg during the shooting of the new STAR WARS movie and underwent surgery.

Production was shut down for 2 weeks while he recovered.

Mark Hamill (age 63) will be the Obi-Wan Kenobi-type Jedi master of the new movie.

Carrie Fisher (aged 58) will probably not be wearing a metallic bikini a la RETURN OF THE JEDI in the latest movie . . . but who knows?

Harrison Ford  (age 72) broke his leg during the shooting of the new STAR WARS movie and underwent surgery.

Production was shut down for 2 weeks while he recovered.

Mark Hamill (age 63) will be the Ob-Wan Kenobi-type Jedi master of the new movie.

Carrie Fisher (aged 58) will probably not be wearing a metallic bikini a la RETURN OF THE JEDI in the latest movie . . . but who knows?

Are the teasers telling us the celebration at the ending of "Star Wars VI - Return of The Jedi" were premature? You know like the Bush's official 2003 ending of the Iraq war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRvAAYjmqkE

Are the teasers telling us the celebration at the ending of "Star Wars VI - Return of The Jedi" were premature? You know like the Bush's official 2003 ending of the Iraq war.

The teasers for THE FORCE AWAKENS (Episode VII) do seem to indicate that the Empire is still around 30 plus years after the celebration of the Empire's defeat in RETURN OF THE JEDI (Episode VI).

The latest TCM production entitled TCM Presents A Night at the Movies: George Lucas & The World of Fantasy Cinema, was really 2/3 about Lucas's films and it seemed that 2/3 of that was about Star Wars - but that was OK because it finally drove home to me what I have suspected for years - that George Lucas did not and does not have a clue with what made Star Wars great. He got lucky with the first one because it was a product of its time and was what people WANTED to see in 1977 - something hopeful and fun. Remember - or maybe you are too young to remember -  movies in the mid 70s were extremely cynical post Watergate and post Vietnam. This one was different and even religious in an ecumenical way. Lucas got lucky with the second one because of the director and his input. To me, all the ones that came after The Empire Strikes Back were special effects filled duds. I just don't expect that George Lucas' touch has improved with age. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

The latest TCM production entitled TCM Presents A Night at the Movies: George Lucas & The World of Fantasy Cinema, was really 2/3 about Lucas's films and it seemed that 2/3 of that was about Star Wars - but that was OK because it finally drove home to me what I have suspected for years - that George Lucas did not and does not have a clue with what made Star Wars great. He got lucky with the first one because it was a product of its time and was what people WANTED to see in 1977 - something hopeful and fun. Remember - or maybe you are too young to remember -  movies in the mid 70s were extremely cynical post Watergate and post Vietnam. This one was different and even religious in an ecumenical way. Lucas got lucky with the second one because of the director and his input. To me, all the ones that came after The Empire Strikes Back were special effects filled duds. I just don't expect that George Lucas' touch has improved with age. Just my two cents.

quite, lucas completely blew his own star wars mythos with that baloney about leia being darth vader's daughter in return of the jedi.

I haven't taken star wars seriously since.

hollywood golden boy j.j. abrams is perfectly welcome to do to star wars what he has done to star trek with my blessings.

star trek has been screwed ever since paramount let a-wholes like Brannon Braga, Rick Berman and roberto orci and that crowd permanently cripple star trek by kicking Bill Shatner out of star trek before he was ready to go with that blanking Generations movie.

so let star wars go the way of star trek courtesy of stupes like lucas and abrams. :lol:

I just don't expect that George Lucas' touch has improved with age. Just my two cents.

And I agree. Too bad too, because AMERICAN GRAFFITI was a brilliant movie. Lucas just peaked early. I wonder what kind of product we'd have if he continued to make regular films instead of living off his adolescent "empire"?

lucas completely blew his own star wars mythos with that baloney about leia being darth vader's daughter in return of the jedi.

I haven't taken star wars seriously since.

Actually George Lucas had the idea of Luke and Leia being the children of Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker separated at birth during the production of the first STAR WARS movie.

The first clues were given in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK: Yoda's "There is another" comment and Luke and Leia communicating telepathically.

The "reveal" in RETURN OF THE JEDI was not a last minute decision.

The redemption of the father by his son was part of his initial planned story arc, but when he made the first movie he thought he would never get to tell the complete story so made changes (such as killing off Obi-Wan Kenobi) to fit the stand alone film that he  thought STAR WARS would likely be.