Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
HoldenIsHere

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

6 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Considering that Jar Jar is almost universally despised, why would the filmmakers want to bring him back? I mean after Phantom Menace, his role kept diminishing (he had very little screen time in Attack of the Clones, and he was practically invisible in Revenge of the Sith, only remember seeing him near the end of the movie).

Maybe there was more to Jar Jar than you thought. But -- as the line goes in the movie "Help!" -- I can say no more...

On 12/13/2017 at 11:04 PM, jakeem said:

It's almost scary how Mark Hamill's older Luke sometimes looks like Sir Alec Guinness as Obi-wan Kenobi!

Yes, the resemblance is striking.

I saw THE LAST JEDI this weekend. It was a highly entertaining movie. There were indeed a number of twists but I didn't find any of them shocking. There was a reference to a character from the prequels, but it was not Jar Jar Binks. The reference came from none other than Luke Skywalker, who also used a term for a light saber that was used by Anakin in the prequels.

One thing that took me totally by surprise was a scene with a shirtless Kylo Ren (Adam Driver). I kid you not.

I'll comment on other plot points after the movie has been out for awhile to avoid dropping any spoilers.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, calvinnme said:

As the article points out, China was still closed off from the US before 1980, meaning they didn't get the first '77 SW along with the rest of the world, which is why it doesn't really have as much sentimentality over there as it does in Japan or Europe.  And that's sort of bad news if the New Trilogy is going to spend ALL its creativity on bringing back sacred beloved OT Boomer lore, and showing Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher in their 60's.  Chinese audiences may be sick of state-approved rom-coms and historical epics, which may make a big non-political Hollywood CGI-blockbuster carpetbagger look like a novelty, but at the end of the weekend, "The Ex-Files" is better known in Beijing than Chewbacca, which is why local audiences like local films--Quick, what's the most popular Chinese film in the US?

And not to twist a well-deserved knife six months later on the other issue, but:

So, first "Wolf Warrior II", and now Star Wars and Spiderman can't pull 'em in in China...I'm sorry, Paramount, (fiddles ear), w-what was that about "It's a new world market now", and "Maybe we should stop selfishly waving flags and looking at US grosses", and such-like, after Transformers 5?

And wasn't Disney saying something about how it "didn't matter" that the US didn't like Pirates 5, something like that?  Or was that Universal with The Mummy?--Gee, they all seemed to be saying it a while ago.  :P

10 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

star wars: disney's money awakens

:D

(That not only doesn't make sense, it doesn't even fit the last few posts.  :blink: )

2 minutes ago, EricJ said:

(That not only doesn't make sense, it doesn't even fit the last few posts.  :blink: )

it makes perfect sense and it was a general comment. star wars and disney is now all about greed.

ROTJ shoulda ended the whole thing.