Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
HoldenIsHere

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Disney and Lucasfilm recently unveiled the second teaser trailer for STAR WARS:THE FORCE AWAKENS (which Disney plans to show before AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON that opens in May).

There's still no indication of what Adam Driver's role will be, but there's a glimpse of Harrison Ford as Han Solo, with a line of dialogue

Is that Mark Hamill in the voiceover in the beginning talking about the Force being strong in his family?

Star Destroyer, other ships and Harrison Ford's retirement plan has bit the dust. :lol:

I noticed Harrison trying to get back on his feet using that contraption....

harrison-ford-300.jpg

...I've seen it used before....

Is it true that none of the STAR WARS films have ever aired on TCM...? i just realized this...I thought one of them had...

Is it true that none of the STAR WARS films have ever aired on TCM...? i just realized this...I thought one of them had...

I don't see a TCM article for any of the STAR WARS movies so I think it's unlikely that any of them have ever aired on the channel. 

Chapter 11 of THE STORY OF FILM series that aired on TCM dealt a lot with STAR WARS in its discussion of the rise of the summer blockbuster and multiplex theaters in America. If I remember correctly, TCM aired JAWS as a representative movie the night that chapter aired.

I don't see a TCM article for any of the STAR WARS movies so I think it's unlikely that any of them have ever aired on the channel. 

Chapter 11 of THE STORY OF FILM series that aired on TCM dealt a lot with STAR WARS in its discussion of the rise of the summer blockbuster and multiplex theaters in America. If I remember correctly, TCM aired JAWS as a representative movie the night that chapter aired.

Yes-- they showed JAWS. No airings of any STAR WARS movies.  

Here's some footage from the Vanity Fair photo shoot by Annie Leibovitz from the set of STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWKENS.

Adam Driver's character in the movie is officially revealed as "bad guy" Kylo Ren.

We see him in a Vader-inspired all-black caped ensemble commanding a couple of snowtroopers "loyal to the evil First Order." 

So he was the character swinging the three-pronged light saber in the first teaser.

Was the earlier leaked photo of him in an X-Wing pilot costume intentionally misleading or will part of the character's story (or backstory) be a turn to the Dark Side?

adam-driver-confirmed-as-villain-kylo-re

Next-generation bad guy Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) commands snowtroopers loyal to the evil First Order on the frozen plains of their secret base.

Photograph by Annie Leibovitz.

how many times can you prequelize the events of the first trilogy films in unending cgi fests? anyway, if the first order means the evil guys, more dark side of the force power to 'em...

I would go to see it if it hadda dick cheney cameo. :lol:

oa0ux4.jpg

how many times can you prequelize the events of the first trilogy films in unending cgi fests?

The new films are sequels to the first trilogy, not prequels.

The First Order want to restore the Galactic Empire defeated in Episode VI.

I'm for it. :)

oa0ux4.jpg

Sorry ND, but I hear Dick here already has inked a prior commitment to appear in that upcoming re-make of "The Wizard of Oz"!

(...yeah, you guessed it...he's presently having tests done to see if his body is tolerant of Aluminum dust and unlike poor Buddy Ebsen back in '39!!!) ;)

Sorry ND, but I hear Dick here already has inked a prior commitment to appear in that upcoming re-make of "The Wizard of Oz"!

(...yeah, you guessed it...he's presently having tests done to see if his body is tolerant of Aluminum dust and unlike poor Buddy Ebsen back in '39!!!) ;)

DANG! And I thought he was getting fitted for a WITCH'S HAT!

And I'll give you THREE GUESSES who plays one of the flying monkeys.  And the FIRST TWO don't count! :P

Sepiatone

DANG! And I thought he was getting fitted for a WITCH'S HAT!

And I'll give you THREE GUESSES who plays one of the flying monkeys.  And the FIRST TWO don't count! :P

Sepiatone

Well, at the risk of "endangering the longevity" of this thread here Sepia, I COULD probably tell ya who'd be best playing the character in the "remake" who needed a BRAIN, anyway!!! LOL

(...but I don't feel like "endangering" this thread!!!) ;)

• Like 1

;)

LOL!!!

Thought of THAT, too.  But at least, as a flying monkey, we wouldn't have to hear him SPEAK!

Sepiatone

Here's some footage from the Vanity Fair photo shoot by Annie Leibovitz from the set of STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWKENS.

Adam Driver's character in the movie is officially revealed as "bad guy" Kylo Ren.

We see him in a Vader-inspired all-black caped ensemble commanding a couple of snowtroopers "loyal to the evil First Order." 

So he was the character swinging the three-pronged light saber in the first teaser.

Was the earlier leaked photo of him in an X-Wing pilot costume intentionally misleading or will part of the character's story (or backstory) be a turn to the Dark Side?

adam-driver-confirmed-as-villain-kylo-re

Next-generation bad guy Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) commands snowtroopers loyal to the evil First Order on the frozen plains of their secret base.

Photograph by Annie Leibovitz.

palpatine's love child? :huh:

doan like the title. it's too goody-goody. it should be like the 2nd original trilogy film favoring the empire. should be star wars: the dark side awakens. :)

doan like the title. it's too goody-goody. it should be like the 2nd original trilogy film favoring the empire. should be star wars: the dark side awakens. :)

I mean if you had a run-down cantina, who would you hire to spruce it up? darth vader or jar-jar binks? :)

The new films are sequels to the first trilogy, not prequels.

Well, I suppose that's a good thing. There hasn't been a good 'Star Wars' movie since 1980.

If this one sucks, I'm done.

Well, I suppose that's a good thing. There hasn't been a good 'Star Wars' movie since 1980.

If this one sucks, I'm done.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK was definitely the best Star Wars movie.

Here's the STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS behind-the-scenes reel that J. J. Abrams recentrly unveiled at Comic-Con 2015 in San Diego:

Director J.J. Abrams, producer and Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy and writer Lawrence Kasdan were joined on stage by cast members Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson, Gwendoline Christie, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and (to the surprise and delight of the audience) Harrison Ford.

Ford, making his first public appearance since his plane crash in March left him hospitalized and injured, assured the audience and host Chris Hardwick that he was fine. The already excitable crowd exploded when Ford, the last to be introduced, walked out.

Seated next to Hamill, the gruff Ford was not hesitant to talk about his reluctance to revisit the world of "Star Wars" and the character of Han Solo.

"It should have felt ridiculous, it was 30 years ago," Ford said. "I sort of grew up."

He never thought that he'd do another film after the original trilogy.

"I was very gratified when I read the script because I read something that I thought was really remarkable, really well-written and with some very intriguing developments," Ford said. "I was delighted to be involved and I was very happy to be part of the story and the cast again."

"The Force Awakens," which hits theaters on Dec. 18, picks up about 30 years after the events of "Return of the Jedi."

Before fans were treated to the "Star Wars" veterans, they were introduced to the newcomers on the light side of the force and, for the first time, those on the dark side.

Adam Driver, Gwendoline Christie and Domhnall Gleeson were on hand representing the bad guys. As the mysterious three-pronged lightsaber-wielding Kylo Ren, Driver tried to skirt any questions about his character.

Gleeson, whose character's name was revealed to be General Hux, didn't hesitate to say that he was evil. While talking about getting the role, Gleeson accidentally "spoiled" the name of his command station, much to the dismay of Abrams.

Christie, who plays the chrome stormtrooper Captain Phasma, talked about how neat it was to be playing a character in full costume who is "not about the way she looks in the flesh."

from Lindsey Bahr at AP

Here's a new international TV spot for STAR WARS:THE FORECE AWKENS that is currently airing:

only shot I liked are the tie fighters headin' towards the imperial destroyer. hope jabba shows up. :lol: