Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
HoldenIsHere

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

The current issue of Entertainment Weekly has an article about Kylo Ren, who looks to be the most intriguing new character in STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS.

Played by Adam Driver, Kylo Ren is obssessed  with Darth Vader.

But who is Kylo Ren?

Could he be  . . .? 

m1.jpg

Kylo_Ren_Without_Mask.jpg

A new 15-second teaser for STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS has been posted on Instagram.

It appears that Kylo Ren's opponent in the snowy forest lightsaber duel is Finn (played by John Boyega).

The latest STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS trailer debuted tonight (October 19) during half-time on Monday Night Football on ESPN.

So many great moments!

The opening shots of Rey and her "I'm no one" answer when asked who she is. 

Kylo Ren talking to the remains of Darth Vader's mask. 

Han Solo holding Princess Leia.

Who is the female voice saying "The Force. It's calling to you. Just let it in" ?

• Like 1

I can't believe they got that little BB8 droid to work like in the film.  What a neat Christmas gift.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe they got that little BB8 droid to work like in the film.  What a neat Christmas gift.

-------------------------------------------------------------

ewoks were bad enough.

This is the official theatre movie poster. (not the fan made)

The Stormtrooper in the middle looks like he's been in battle since Episode IV.

star-wars-force-awakens-official-poster-

• Like 1

C3PO with a red arm?

star-wars-the-force-awakens-ew-8.jpg?w=6

Are they trying to tell me the same color part can't be found like today's cars on their last leg? :huh:

U9SQ0.jpg

Even though Mark Hamill didn't appear in the trailer (unless he's the hooded figure touching R2-D2) his name does appear on the poster.

I see that Harrison Ford's name is listed first. 

It's good to see that Adam Driver is on the top line along with Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

I think Adam Driver will be phenomenal in the movie as Kylo Ren.

I'm anticipating a major revelation about Kylo Ren's identity.

I hope the movie explains where a black storm trooper came from.  I thought they were all clones of Jango Fett. 

michael-uzowuru-black-stormtrooper-500x5

molodojdzhangofett4_002swa_temuera_morri

notice how pc requires a kickass militant babe to be at the center of the poster like she's the main character or something. a new supergirl tv series with a black jimmy olsen ain't enough. :lol:

notice how pc requires a kickass militant babe to be at the center of the poster like she's the main character. a new supergirl tv series with a black jimmy olsen ain't enough. :lol:

I got it! she's the new Lukette Skywalktrix. :D

notice how pc requires a kickass militant babe to be at the center of the poster like she's the main character or something. a new supergirl tv series with a black jimmy olsen ain't enough. :lol:

I don't understand either why they did that with Jimmy Olsen.  "Supergirl" on the other hand is not bad as I thought, has more than 3 villains from Krypton to deal with and she has to be taught how to fight from a human - novel idea.  A Helen Slater flop it's not.

Love that scene when Astra got stabbed with a krytonite dagger.

Supergirl-Astra-Kryptonite-Knife.jpg

I hope the movie explains where a black storm trooper came from.  I thought they were all clones of Jango Fett. 

michael-uzowuru-black-stormtrooper-500x5

molodojdzhangofett4_002swa_temuera_morri

I think the first phase of Clone Troopers (during the Clone Wars) were clones of Jango Fett (in order to have a ready-made army), but I think later stormtroopers were not. 

Luke makes a reference to joining the academy like his friends Biggs, which appears to be an Imperial  academy.

Biggs later "jumps ship" and joins the rebellion.

From what I gather, she IS the main character. She and the ex-stormtrooper are the ones on the "hero's journey" this time around.

On the topic of pc diversity casting, along with the new Jimmy Olsen and the recent black Human Torch in FANTASTIC FOUR, I just saw an article applauding the ABC show ONCE UPON A TIME for casting the first black Merlin! I'm a proud card carrying liberal, but the diversity casting annoys me to no end. It seems as if they are saying no other culture has compelling mythologies or characters. Instead of race and gender switching so much, how about we try mining some African, Latino, Asian, etc., stories and legends for big and small screen treatments. Or, god forbid, we create some new ones.

Oh, and don't mistake my rant as being against this new black stormtrooper character. I think it's great to have an all new character with no familial ties to the old trilogies. That racist social media campaign calling for a boycott is the depths of moronic thinking.

From what I gather, she IS the main character. She and the ex-stormtrooper are the ones on the "hero's journey" this time around.

Yes, the character is Rey and she's played by Daisy Ridley.

• Like 1

Yes, the character is Rey and she's played by Daisy Ridley.

our new Lukette Skywalktrix.

maybe she'll even be asexual. :lol:

On the topic of pc diversity casting, along with the new Jimmy Olsen and the recent black Human Torch in FANTASTIC FOUR, I just saw an article applauding the ABC show ONCE UPON A TIME for casting the first black Merlin! I'm a proud card carrying liberal, but the diversity casting annoys me to no end. It seems as if they are saying no other culture has compelling mythologies or characters. Instead of race and gender switching so much, how about we try mining some African, Latino, Asian, etc., stories and legends for big and small screen treatments. Or, god forbid, we create some new ones.

Don't forget "Annie" (2014), who's next Snow White?

Walt Disney Studios Japan posted a new STARS WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS trailer on its YouTube page today (November 6) that is the most revealing one yet.

The Japanese trailer contains footage that was included in the trailer that debuted in October on ESPN's Monday Night Football, but it also features previously unseen clips with the movie's main characters:

Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Finn (John Boyega) speak their names

Rey talks to some off screen character about waiting for "her family" 

Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) is seen raiding  a village with a group of Stormtroopers

Later Kylo Ren is seen standing behind Rey with his crossguard lightsaber held against her face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdAUiyeJMFQ

Walt Disney Studios Japan posted a new STARS WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS trailer on its YouTube page today (November 6) that is the most revealing one yet.

The Japanese trailer contains footage that was included in the trailer that debuted in October on ESPN's Monday Night Football, but it also features previously unseen clips with the movie's main characters:

Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Finn (John Boyega) speak their names

Rey talks to some off screen character about waiting for "her family" 

Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) is seen raiding  a village with a group of Stormtroopers

Later Kylo Ren is seen standing behind Rey with his crossguard lightsaber held against her face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdAUiyeJMFQ

I'm a-rootin' for the empire with this one.

"I will finish what you started"

hell, I hope he is vader's kid, :lol:

I'm a-rootin' for the empire with this one.

"I will finish what you started"

hell, I hope he is vader's kid,

********POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT *********

I have a suspicion that Kylo Ren will be revealed to be the grandson of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader and the son of Leia Organa and Han Solo.