Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a new STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS TV trailer that recently was released, and it contains some new footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q7pDbdqpqU

Rey's status as the major protagonist of the movie is further established in the new footage in this trailer: she says "Follow me" to Finn, and Han Solo is seen giving her a blaster. 

There's a brief glimpse of C-3PO with his new red arm.

What exactly is that thing the Stormtrooper is using to block the lightsaber that's being yielded by Finn?

Here's a new STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS TV trailer that recently was released, and it contains some new footage.

Rey's status as the major protagonist of the movie is further established in the new footage in this trailer: she says "Follow me" to Finn, and Han Solo is seen giving her a blaster. 

There's a brief glimpse of C-3PO with his new red arm.

What exactly is that thing the Stormtrooper is using to block the lightsaber that's being yielded by Finn?

every generation has a new story...

translation: star wars for millennials.

this rey fella probably takes out solo like vader took out kenobi.

"now wasn't that a good guess?" -lee marvin, bad day at black rock

:)

The latest STAR WARS:THE FORCE AWAKENS TV spot, which aired last night (November 18), includes a lot of footage of Finn, including a clip of him manning the turrets on the Millennium Falcon---just as Luke Skywalker did in the first STAR WARS movie.

British actor John Boyega is apparently using an American accent for the role.

There's also a great clip of BB-8 circling the cabin of the Millennium Falcon.

The latest TV spot for STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS includes footage of Poe Dameron (played by Oscar Isaac) and 2 other X-Wing pilots, one of which looks a lot like Lando Calrissian's co-pilot in THE RETURN OF THE JEDI.

There's also more footage of BB-8. Rey (Daisy Ridley) actually addresses the droid by name in one clip where she's seen piloting the Millennium Falcon. 

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS has already broken a record with $50 million (and counting) in pre-sale tickets   

A TV spot for STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS that aired during Thanksgiving featured footage of villain Kylo Ren, including a conversation with his apparent master (who so far has been heard but not seen).

I wonder if any of the spots will ever feature Adam Driver as Kylo Ren without the mask?

1248nib.gif

A TV spot for STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS that aired during Thanksgiving featured footage of villain Kylo Ren, including a conversation with his apparent master (who so far has been heard but not seen).

Somebody got nuked? (7 seconds into video)

• 2 weeks later...

A STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS promo that recently aired on Disney XD offered the first glimpse of  Maz Kanata, the character played by Lupita Nyong'o. (Previously she's only been heard in voiceovers.)

The glimpse is very brief and occurs at around the 15 second mark of the video.

There's also new footage of Leia, sporting the hairstyle that Carrie Fisher has had some humorous comments about during recent talk show appearances.

Leia and Rey (Daisy Ridley) appear to be exchanging smiles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tF8PvCWMX4

I was at the Disney Store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago on Saturday, and there was a huge section devoted to STAR WARS items. 

There was a display for a BB-8 toy with the caption "This is the droid you're looking for,"  which is a twist on Obi-Wan Kenobi's line in the first STAR WARS movie (aka Episode IV). 

social-share-facebook.jpg

slate.com has been running a lot of excellent articles on classic film lately.

this is one that draws parallels between STAR WARS and it's deep roots in the films that came before.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/cover_story/2015/12/star_wars_is_a_pastiche_how_george_lucas_combined_flash_gordon_westerns.html

(it's been one of their most popular articles for days.)

• Like 2

Variety has a piece on the early reactions to "Star Wars: The Force Awakens."

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-force-awakens-reviews-premiere-reactions-1201661338

And it looks at the movie's potential box-office impact on the year in film. So far, 2015 has produced four of the biggest movies of all time worldwide:

1. "Avatar" (2009) -- $2,788.0 billion. 
2. "Titanic" (1997) -- $2,186.8 billion. 
3. "Jurassic World" (2015) -- $1,669.0 billion. 
4. "Marvel's The Avengers" (2012) -- $1,519.6 billion. 
5. "Furious 7" (2015) -- $1,515.0 billion. 
6. "Avengers: Age of Ultron" (2015) -- $1,405.0 billion. 
7. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" (2011) -- $1,341.5 billion. 
8. "Frozen" (2013) -- $1,276.5 billion. 
9. "Iron Man 3" (2013) -- $1,215.4 billion. 
10. "Minions" (2015) -- $1,157.3 billion. 

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/star-wars-the-force-awakens-box-office-record-1201661202/

directed by j.j. abrams, the guy who paramount decided to let finish off what was left of star trek?

no thanks.

only thing I might glean from it is the new music by the always incomparable John Williams.

:)

I watched the J. J. Abrams / Steven Spielberg film "Super 8" (2011) for the second time the other night.  Found it humorous they thought it be great to build a space craft out of smart Lego blocks (Argus Cubes). :blink:

argus_cube-1.jpg

Like the attempt to reconstitute the ship, the plot simply don't hold together. :lol:

directed by j.j. abrams, the guy who paramount decided to let finish off what was left of star trek?

no thanks.

only thing I might glean from it is the new music by the always incomparable John Williams.

I think you mean JJ Abrams, the one responsible for the most successful STAR TREK movie to date.

I think you mean JJ Abrams, the one responsible for the most successful STAR TREK movie to date.

sure. successful with millennials.

but the heart of true and genuine star trek is still with us...

William Shatner!

and all the millennial era cgi HS can't negate that.

sure. successful with millennials.

but the heart of true and genuine star trek is still with us...

William Shatner!

and all the millennial era cgi HS can't negate that.

paramount would never have found it necessary to slouch back to the tos visual look if they hadn't of killed off shatner as kirk in generations...

and deliberately decided to keep him dead! that move is what has crippled star trek to the present.

STAR   TREK

1966 - 2009

:D

paramount would never have found it necessary to slouch back to the tos visual look if they hadn't of killed off shatner as kirk in generations...

and deliberately decided to keep him dead! that move is what has crippled star trek to the present.

STAR   TREK

1966 - 2009

:D

does paramount think they've waited shatner out long enough yet so he's now too old to ever effectively play kirk again???... :huh:

the skunks! :angry:

unconvincing. the people saying they liked it are for the most part bleeping celebs.

I shall wait for the reaction of normal regular filmgoers. :P

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/12/16/review-star-wars-the-force-awakens/77342318/?hootPostID=a39879171e68cecbee6c6c2b7b9faf5b

http://variety.com/2015/film/reviews/star-wars-review-the-force-awakens-1201661978/

I hate to sort of agree with Nip, but I concur that the Abrams TREK movies were very disappointing. I'm not a trekkie/trekker fanatic, but I did watch the old show and Next Generation, as well as the other movies, and enjoyed them. I was excited when news first broke about J.J. Abrams rebooting the films, with a big budget and new cast. But after watching it in the theater, I left empty and annoyed. The whole thing had been dumbed down and reeked of focus-group filmmaking. The old stuff wasn't Shakespeare, but it had it's own internal logic and integrity, which seemed to be the first things Abrams threw out, in favor of nostalgia fan-service and half-baked teen soap opera angst. I skipped the next film until the disc came out, but was no more impressed when I finally saw it. Abrams' MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE entry was passable, and SUPER 8 started out strong but kind of floundered in the last third.

So I'm dubious about the new STAR WARS as well. It's getting decent, but not exceptional, praise so far. That's about the best that can be hoped for. And before someone tells me how much New TREK made at the box-office, that is in no way an indicator of quality. McDonald's earned billions of dollars last year. That doesn't make it taste any better.