4. Bela Lugosi, October SOTM

5. More Columbia Bs, 1930s & 1940s

6. More Fox pre-Codes

7. JOURNEY'S END (1930)

8. THE LAST WARNING (1929)

9. ONLY YESTERDAY (1933)

10. RETURN OF THE TERROR (1934)

• Like 4

2015 will be the centennial anniversary for 20th Century Fox. Fox Studios began in 1915 with William Fox as head. My wish for TCM in 2015 would be to celebrate this milestone with numerous movies from

the Fox vaults (pre 1936 movies). What a rare treat this would be!

• Like 1

BEGGARS OF LIFE

BACK STREET  [1932 ]

A MEDAL FOR BENNY

SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON   [1940 ]       Now controlled by Disney

THE APPRENTICESHIP OF DUDDY KRAVITZ

THE PROUD REBEL           Only if it shown in its proper aspect ratio.

DESIRE

WHITE BANNERS

CHRISTOPHER BEAN

CRIME WITHOUT PASSION

BULLDOG DRUMMOND STRIKES BACK   [1934]

O.S.S.

AMONG THE LIVING

THIS THING CALLED LOVE

NORTH WEST MOUNTED POLICE

NOBODY WAVED GOODBYE

ALIAS NICK BEAL

THE FOREST RANGERS

THE FROGMEN

MARY BURNS, FUGITIVE

CRIME OF THE CENTURY

THE SUSPECT

ESCAPE  [1948]

IVY

FROM THIS DAY FORWARD

REPEAT PERFORMANCE

WHEN I GROW UP

CORVETTE K- 225

THE REMARKABLE ANDREW

KISS THE BLOOD OFF MY HANDS

STATE SECRET [1950]

ONCE MORE MY DARLING

My wishes for 2015 are that they will finally stop playing "It Happened One Night" constantly. And they won't run a long-winded documentary series narrated by an annoying Irishman that uptalks at the end of every sentence.

Sounds good, Gladys, re IHON. I don't like Gable, so don't I watch it.

And, I'm happy to say I don't know the doc series of which you speak and would turn it off forthwith if I stumbled upon it, since I'd like to slap silly any of the idiotic Yuppies, Valley girls and boys, commentators, news anchors, actors, and anyone else on this good green earth who has taken on the VERY ANNOYING habit of uptalking......or, the morons who interject LIKE into each and every sentence.

• Like 1

Washington: Behind Closed Doors 1977 ABC-TV mini-series (with kickas s Dominic Frontiere score)

Will: G Gordon Liddy starring Robert Conrad (longer uncut version)

TV fare to be sure but tcm just broke their own rule by showing Duel, didn't they?

:)

Nothing wrong if TCM airs made-for-television movies.  There's a freegin' treasure trove of TVM's sitting around waiting to be aired again.  Hopefully some telefilms of the past could be leased/'rented' for an economical sum of money.  

And maybe TCM could show the theatrical version of  P.J. (1968).  After all, this is a 'Wish List'. 

P.J. would be good company with 'HARPER', 'MARLOWE' and 'THE LONG GOODBYE'. 

Nothing wrong if TCM airs made-for-television movies.  There's a freegin' treasure trove of TVM's sitting around waiting to be aired again.  Hopefully some telefilms of the past could be leased/'rented' for an economical sum of money.  

And maybe TCM could show the theatrical version of  P.J. (1968).  After all, this is a 'Wish List'. 

P.J. would be good company with 'HARPER', 'MARLOWE' and 'THE LONG GOODBYE'. 

Nothing wrong if TCM airs made-for-television movies.  There's a freegin' treasure trove of TVM's sitting around waiting to be aired again.

Oh! Then they could start airing the after-school specials from the late 1970's and early 1980's! I really liked the one where Helen Hunt's boyfriend whipped up a batch o' Angel Dust in the school laboratory, and someone went flying out of a window.

Oh my.

• Like 1

I've heard of a 1981 Tv movie called 'ANGEL DUSTED' which co-starred Helen Hunt.  Never seen a homevideo release of it or I'd have bought it.  Who knows . . . maybe that Warner Archive outfit released it?  I've not seen it before.   

Then there was a 1982 Tv movie called 'DESPERATE LIVES' which featured Helen Hunt as well.  Also had to do with the evils of drogas! 

I figure the first one of those two tele-films is the one you're thinking of, Gladys L. Knotts!  :)

And don't forget about the evils of eating disorders with Jennifer Jason Leigh:  THE BEST LITTLE GIRL IN THE WORLD (1981-Tvm).

• Like 1

I agree with PrinceSaliano. TV movies, especially from the 1980's are for another channel. If TCM

starts saturating their schedule with TV movies then they'll be even less interested in obtaining classic,

pre code and film noir films from Universal, Paramount and Fox among others.

All I want is for THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND (1929) and the Kazui Nihonmatsu double feature to be rescheduled. They were canceled last April. I was really looking forward to them at the time, and when they went away it was like, like... when you expect to sneeze and then suddenly lose it. But usually it takes less than a year to get it back again. :o

(P.S. I thank TCM for rescheduling OLIVER TWIST (1922), though it took over a year to get it back. The Imports that accompanied it did not get rescheduled. I don't think it's too much to ask that ALL films that get canceled due to a memorial tribute get rescheduled as quickly as possible.)

1980s TV movies? What a revolting thought. You'd be better served elsewhere.

No, that wouldn't be encouraging, but having seen the first 16 minutes of The Little Theatre of Jean Renoir, I would say there is a place for tv movies.  Peter Ibbetson and The Small Back Room are the obvious thirties and forties premieres.  It also occurs to me that Pierrot le Fou and Weekend would have been obvious choices for this month's road movie festival.

I agree with PrinceSaliano. TV movies, especially from the 1980's are for another channel. If TCM

starts saturating their schedule with TV movies then they'll be even less interested in obtaining classic,

pre code and film noir films from Universal, Paramount and Fox among others.

I would like TCM to show less repeats and more pre-code and film noirs froms from Universal,  Paramount and Fox (especially Fox noirs!).

• Like 1

I cannot agree with Prince Saliano more. As for "It Happened One Night" that goes for any Frank Capra films not being shown for at least the next 18 months. I too would like more serials...including the Saint, both George and his brother, the Whisperer and others.

I would also like SOTHM to start and follow through chronologically and if possible have more than one night if the Star has a large Bibliography for those of us who don't DVD or whatever. I get tired of the same stuff over and over in the prime viewing hours and the less known works shown in the hours when I am asleep or at work. Less Barbara Stanwyck as well..she is great but enough already.