Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HELP! Movie Title Stump

StephanieElizabeth

I am very stumped (for at least 2 years) on a movie title I saw on TCM years ago.   It was about a lower class woman (irish) who stumbles into a job as a clothes model.  She fakes a french accent.  The company she is hired for is for high fashion women's line.  The company is a woman's name but the clothes are really designed by a man in secret.  The movie is in black and white except for one scene in techincolor where she arrives at a party in a green dress.   PLEASE HELP (as long as I'm remembering the movie correctly)

I am very stumped (for at least 2 years) on a movie title I saw on TCM years ago.   It was about a lower class woman (irish) who stumbles into a job as a clothes model.  She fakes a french accent.  The company she is hired for is for high fashion women's line.  The company is a woman's name but the clothes are really designed by a man in secret.  The movie is in black and white except for one scene in techincolor where she arrives at a party in a green dress.   PLEASE HELP (as long as I'm remembering the movie correctly)

It could be the movie "Irene" with Ray Milland and Anna Neagle.  I think the dress was blue and not green but there was a Technicolor sequence in the black and white movie. 

The song "Alice Blue Gown," inspired by Teddy Roosevelt's daughter and her signature dress, was written for the original Broadway musical Irene (1919), of which the later film is an adaptation. So of course the dress would need to be blue.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings