Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name of Film with a Blonde Woman in a Bird Cage?

SFrazeur

Saw a 60's era rom-com some years ago with a blonde woman in a dream sequence in a bird cage. Any idea the film?

Bonus Question Even More Obscure: Any idea what a BW film is that ends with the shot of a wreath on a door and the name 'Mitch" being siad?

Saw a 60's era rom-com some years ago with a blonde woman in a dream sequence in a bird cage. Any idea the film?

Bonus Question Even More Obscure: Any idea what a BW film is that ends with the shot of a wreath on a door and the name 'Mitch" being siad?

The first with the birdcage is probably SUSAN SLEPT HERE starring Debbie Reynolds and Dick Powell

The 2nd film is probably WRITTEN ON THE WIND  (although it's in color)- starring Rock Hudson (as Mitch) Lauren Bacall, Robert Stack and Dorothy Malone(the one calling Mitch's name)

Another lady in a cage scene is Lady in the Dark, with Ginger Rogers. But not a bird cage, and not from the '60s (it was 1944). But I think it is in the dream sequence. Here's a photo followed by an excerpt with Ginger in the cage.

3299609-ginger-rogers-is-locked-up-in-a-

The first with the birdcage is probably SUSAN SLEPT HERE starring Debbie Reynolds and Dick Powell

The 2nd film is probably WRITTEN ON THE WIND  (although it's in color)- starring Rock Hudson (as Mitch) Lauren Bacall, Robert Stack and Dorothy Malone(the one calling Mitch's name)

SUSAN SLEPT HERE must be it! i saw it one holiday season many years ago. Thank you! I'll have to check out Written on the Wind.

SUSAN SLEPT HERE must be it! i saw it one holiday season many years ago. Thank you! I'll have to check out Written on the Wind.

You're Welcome. I checked the schedule for you, TCM will be showing SUSAN SLEPT HERE on Dec 11 at 5am. Hope you get to see it.  Unfortunately WRITTEN ON THE WIND is not scheduled in the next 3 months, but it is shown on TCM every so often. Glad I could help :)

• 2 months later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings