Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fan Favorites

cmovieviewer

I'm a little surprised that nobody else has mentioned this by now (sorry if I missed the topic somewhere else) – but I happened to catch portions of the new "Fan Favorites" segments hosted by Ben M. on Saturday, Nov. 29.  For those that missed it, guest programmers were selected for 4 movies that afternoon, and Ben interviewed them via webcam as part of the pre- and post- movie wrappers.  The films selected weren't anything radical, but I thought Ben had fun with it and it seems like another way to shake things up a little.  From the listings, the movies chosen were:

- Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)

- The Lemon Drop Kid (1951) (Ben & programmer had interesting Bob Hope pro/con comments)

- The Thing From Another World (1951)

- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)

Also enjoyed the faux argument Ben had with the Butch & Sundance programmer over who gave the better performance, Newman or Redford (Ben picked Redford, programmer chose Newman).

I don't see any similar programming coming up in December, but I hope TCM can try this again next year as time and schedule permits, as I do think it can add some interest to the standard weekend fare.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings