Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

pronker

From the late 1950's to mid-1960's, I watched Captain Satellite, a local kids' TV after-school program, with studio audience kids onstage watching serials along with us at home.

One serial involved time travel in what looked like a diving bell, as I recall, and featured at least one kid along with maybe a professor-type (?) back through the ages - through American history and maybe medieval history - I'm not remembering this part well - but the standout was two episodes: one back to the age of dinosaurs, and the final episode, back to the Creation. There was a huge flash of light and God was not actually shown, but there was stentorian narration at that point, after which I believe that the time travel machine took the travelers back to the present.

Would anybody know this serial? I'm unsure about its date, probably the 1950's or even 1940's. It was b/w.

FOUND!  It is this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_the_Beginning_of_Time

delightfully directed and animated by Karel Zeman of Czechoslovakia in 1955.

From the late 1950's to mid-1960's, I watched Captain Satellite, a local kids' TV after-school program, with studio audience kids onstage watching serials along with us at home.

One serial involved time travel in what looked like a diving bell, as I recall, and featured at least one kid along with maybe a professor-type (?) back through the ages - through American history and maybe medieval history - I'm not remembering this part well - but the standout was two episodes: one back to the age of dinosaurs, and the final episode, back to the Creation. There was a huge flash of light and God was not actually shown, but there was stentorian narration at that point, after which I believe that the time travel machine took the travelers back to the present.

Would anybody know this serial? I'm unsure about its date, probably the 1950's or even 1940's. It was b/w.

Maybe this??    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Z-Ro   (never heard of it before... but google is a wonderful thing) :)

And if this IS the right show.. you'll be glad to know that at least some of the episodes are on youtube. 

Thanks for replying - it is this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_the_Beginning_of_Time

A Journey to the Beginning of Time, directed by Karel Zeman of Czechoslovakia in 1955.  I remembered the time travel device incorrectly, because when a kind soul over on imdb mentioned kids on a raft, it really struck a chord.  The four boys went back in time via a raft on a 'river of time', so to speak, and eventually wound up at the Creation.  It was excellently animated for its day, and certainly an influence on a science-minded child!

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings