Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Idea for TCM web site for fans & users

jeffbeck

How about in the user profile an area where you can make a list of films for notification for when they will air on TCM.

Whenever a film gets scheduled to play you get an email telling you the date and time.

It could have a limit of 25 films give or take that you could change as you please.

This would be brilliant for those films not available on DVD that you don't want to miss or a rare favorite.

What do you think?

Get the coder busy : )

How about in the user profile an area where you can make a list of films for notification for when they will air on TCM.

Whenever a film gets scheduled to play you get an email telling you the date and time.

It could have a limit of 25 films give or take that you could change as you please.

This would be brilliant for those films not available on DVD that you don't want to miss or a rare favorite.

What do you think?

Get the coder busy : )

The TCM website used to have (probably still does) a feature where if you looked up a movie that TCM had scheduled, you could request an e-mail reminder.  One would be sent one week and then one day in advance.  Of course this is for movies that TCM already has scheduled.  Maybe TCM could tweak that feature to also accomodate your suggestion?

The TCM website used to have (probably still does) a feature where if you looked up a movie that TCM had scheduled, you could request an e-mail reminder.  One would be sent one week and then one day in advance.  Of course this is for movies that TCM already has scheduled.  Maybe TCM could tweak that feature to also accomodate your suggestion?

Whatever happened to an old fashioned pencil and paper?  I make TCM movie reminders to myself that I leave on the kitchen table as I browse through the schedules.  It may be medieval but it works for me: KISS.

• Like 1

You guess wrong.  The wife leaves herself written reminders too.  So archaic and old-fashioned.  We also use hand written notes on our wall calender as reminders.  So medieval.  So works-well. 

That kitchen table of yours must be full of papers.   Where is the room for the plates?    :D

Note that I wasn't picking on your use of hand written notes (I still do this also),  but just making a joke that IF I was to leave hand written notes on the kitchen table my wife would remove them.     I have to leave that type of stuff in my office.     What good is a reminder if the wife throws it out!    

That kitchen table of yours must be full of papers.   Where is the room for the plates?    :D

In a little deep shadowed valley in the middle in between newspapers, books, mail, and notes with enough room to play Spades every day (my wife wins most of the games).  She is a full blown Card Shark.  The table as I type this is a cluttered mess of debris.  My wife is just as messy as I am though occasionally she goes on a full blown household-wide cleaning rampage offensive that would impress George Patton and Irwin Rommel.  Me, I just keep wallowing though I do do the dishes and the laundry semi-effectively.  By the way, our "icebox" is hard to see because of a million magnets and ancient notes.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings