Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do profile views mean?

TopBilled

At present, these people have over 100 views:

Hepclassic: 2,020 (last post was on October 8-- banned?)

TopBilled: 904

Swithin: 495

lavenderblue19: 438

Speedracer5: 421 (in my opinion, the best profile-- great info)

scsu1975: 402

TCMModerator1: 386

HoldenIsHere: 370 (probably because of that nice picture!)

FredCDobbs: 365

lzcutter: 342

Misswonderlytoo: 324 

jamesjazzguitar: 299

darkblue: 266

Dargo: 252

DownGoesFrazier: 247

Hibi: 189

LornaHansonForbes: 175

slaytonf: 126

Sepiatone: 116

AndyM108: 113

Primosprimos: 113

If I missed any, I apologize. This came about because I viewed my profile today (something I rarely do), and I was surprised I had so many views. I didn't think we had that many regular visitors and contributors posting on the message boards. Apparently, we do!

• Like 1

Never even knew that was there. Never checked that out before. Just checked scsu's profile. You left out SCSU1975- he has 402 views

Thanks...I just went back to the OP and added it.

I didn't know the profile views were tabulated. Though still not sure what it signifies. In the case of some, I wonder if it is because of provocative or controversial posting...? For awhile, I was changing my avatar every week, so maybe that caused people to go to my profile? Not sure.

But in fairness, most of those views were my own, because I get off looking at René Descartes.

The Philosopher's Song

Immanuel Kant was a real ****-ant who was very rarely stable.

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table. ..

David Hume could out-consume Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel.

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as sloshed as Schlegel.

There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach 'ya 'bout the raising of the wrist.

Socrates, himself, was permanently ****.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will, after half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.

Plato, they say, could stick it away, half a crate of whiskey every day!

Aristotle, Aristotle was a **** for the bottle,

And Hobbes was fond of his Dram.

And René Descartes was a drunken f a r t:

"I drink, therefore I am."

Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed;

A lovely little thinker, but a **** when he's ****.

To piggyback off of scsu1975's question, do these profile views count EVERYONE who clicks on the profile or just DIFFERENT people?  Frankly, I've gone back to my profile a few times because when compiling my list of favorite actors or people or what not, sometimes I've forgotten what I've said and want to remain consistent.  Sometimes I go back when I think I've got a new quote, but keep deciding that it isn't as good as my quote from I Love Lucy.  Also, I'll go back if I've developed a new interest or gained a new hobby and wanted to see if I had already written it in my profile-- I can be a little scatterbrained sometimes. 

Sometimes I go back when I think I've got a new quote, but keep deciding that it isn't as good as my quote from I Love Lucy.  Also, I'll go back if I've developed a new interest or gained a new hobby and wanted to see if I had already written it in my profile-- I can be a little scatterbrained sometimes. 

I'm reminded of another quote from Lucille Ball -- actually her character in the B'way show Wildcat sings it:

"I like to do what takes my fancy, what takes my fancy, I like to do.

And if it makes my pockets fatter, it doesn't matter, who I do it to."

I'm reminded of another quote from Lucille Ball -- actually her character in the B'way show Wildcat sings it:

"I like to do what takes my fancy, what takes my fancy, I like to do.

And if it makes my pockets fatter, it doesn't matter, who I do it to."

Hmm.  I like the beginning of the quote.  The second part is quite ruthless. 

Lyrics written by the great Carolyn Leigh, who also wrote "Witchcraft," "Young at Heart", and many other standards.

That's interesting.  I liked Sinatra's rendition of Young at Heart

I've seen clips of Lucy performing "Hey, Look Me Over" but I've never seen/heard her Broadway performance in Wildcat.

On the "What's My Line?" game I have notices sent to my email.  There are a couple links in the email, one for the thread, and another for the poster that leads to their profile.  Often in haste I click on the poster's link by accident.  So, if anyone "sees" me repeatedly gazing at their profile, apologies!

I don't think you can see who looks at your profile.  I know you can see who has looked at another person's profile recently; but you can't see who has looked at your profile. 

I don't have many "friends" on here; but I haven't really figured out what having "friends" does for you on the message board.  I also see that you can rate people, which I haven't done.  I don't know what the ratings are for.  I have 5/5 stars though, so I'm not complaining ;)

• Like 1

At present, these people have over 100 views:

Hepclassic: 2,020 (last post was on October 8-- banned?)

TopBilled: 904

Swithin: 495

lavenderblue19: 438

Speedracer5: 421 (in my opinion, the best profile-- great info)

scsu1975: 402

TCMModerator1: 386

HoldenIsHere: 370 (probably because of that nice picture!)

FredCDobbs: 365

lzcutter: 342

Misswonderlytoo: 324 

jamesjazzguitar: 299

darkblue: 266

Dargo: 252

DownGoesFrazier: 247

Hibi: 189

LornaHansonForbes: 175

slaytonf: 126

Sepiatone: 116

AndyM108: 113

Primosprimos: 113

If I missed any, I apologize. This came about because I viewed my profile today (something I rarely do), and I was surprised I had so many views. I didn't think we had that many regular visitors and contributors posting on the message boards. Apparently, we do!

So...................does this make these TCM forum stars the most loved or the most hated, the most vilified or the most deified, the smartest or the dumbest, or do people just like their avatars???

Myself, I have never tried to look up anybody's info, first of all, because I don't have that much time to linger here, secondly, I didn't really know that it was there.  Every time I have clicked into someone, it was by mistake; usually, I was on my phone, and the small screen responded to the icon instead of the thread I was trying to access.

So...................does this make these TCM forum stars the most loved or the most hated, the most vilified or the most deified, the smartest or the dumbest, or do people just like their avatars???

LOL. And does anyone CARE????

• Like 1

It doesn't matter how many profile views I have; 'roverrocks' was right on track.  I am . . .

MR. G - The Modern Human Deity

. . . and I am not a modest Deity, either!  So pay heed or be smoted!  (Or is it smited?)  :D 

LOL. I'm not sure, but I'll give you a wide berth......

I see that Bansi4 (the photo GOD) has less than 100 profile views.  That is quite sad because his/her/"not telling" daily postings are by far the ones I look forward to and worship the most.  I am on my knees with thankfulness to the one true GOD of this forum.

I see that Bansi4 (the photo GOD) has less than 100 profile views.  That is quite sad because his/her/"not telling" daily postings are by far the ones I look forward to and worship the most.  I am on my knees with thankfulness to the one true GOD of this forum.

Maybe a little overstated, but Banis4 (Mongo) is my favorite poster and always has been, I think MOST everyone on the boards agrees

;)

Yeah...that's what I wonder. I am going to use a winter holiday avatar soon (temporarily retiring my Stanwyck logo). Maybe it will help me reach 1,000 profile views. LOL

I think I am going to borrow speedracer's ideas. I like how she did her profile, and I am going to update mine. So when you see my new winter avatar that means I have updated everything...

• Like 1