Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now Playing discount?

ElCid

Perhaps TCM could offer a discount on Now Playing subscriptions to members of this community?  Personally, I think the $14.00 per year is quite reasonable, but there may be people who are not aware of it (despite Robert Osborne's frequent commercials).

An alternative would be a trial membership at reduced prices or free for six months?

Perhaps tie a discount to length of membership in the community?

I have found it to be an invaluable aid in planning my TCM viewing and it's right there by my remote all the time.  No need to turn on computer, log in, search, etc.   Also, has some good articles in it.

Perhaps TCM could offer a discount on Now Playing subscriptions to members of this community?  Personally, I think the $14.00 per year is quite reasonable, but there may be people who are not aware of it (despite Robert Osborne's frequent commercials).

An alternative would be a trial membership at reduced prices or free for six months?

Perhaps tie a discount to length of membership in the community?

I have found it to be an invaluable aid in planning my TCM viewing and it's right there by my remote all the time.  No need to turn on computer, log in, search, etc.   Also, has some good articles in it.

I've been a longtime subscriber to Now Playing and I even sprung for all their available back issues, so I'm a big fan of the magazine.  But I find I still have to check online for changes from the printed listings, which can occur when you're least expecting it.

• Like 1

I will not be re-subscribing to Now Playing because I don't get all the issues.

When I moved in March, I updated my address info on the website. I got the May issue and June. No July or August. I let them know about the issues I didn't receive. I got the July issue near the end of the month along with August. Going along fine, then I didn't get the November issue, but I did get the December issue. I don't know what the heck those people are smoking in Florida, but I've had it with them. This happened at two prior addresses I had as well.

I will not be re-subscribing to Now Playing because I don't get all the issues.

When I moved in March, I updated my address info on the website. I got the May issue and June. No July or August. I let them know about the issues I didn't receive. I got the July issue near the end of the month along with August. Going along fine, then I didn't get the November issue, but I did get the December issue. I don't know what the heck those people are smoking in Florida, but I've had it with them. This happened at two prior addresses I had as well.

I have had problems with not receiving my subscription after changing my address.  Although, I haven't had the problem of receiving the magazine and then having it stop.  I've had to change my address with them a few times, and each time, it takes a little bit of time to get the magazine to start showing up at the new address.  I'm usually able to get a replacement issue (if there's still quite a bit of the month left) or get my subscription extended.  I usually choose the latter option. 

I looked through my email and this is the explanation I received:

We verified that your mailing address is correct on our records and your magazines are being labeled and mailed. Please note that due to pre-labeling it takes 2-3 issues before any changes made to the mailing labels will take effect. Your July and August 2012 issue were mailed to your previous mailing address.

It makes sense, especially since the schedules are usually available online a few months in advance.

We like the magazine but must take care to send in new subscription at proper time each year to avoid duplicate issues or missed issues. My husband will never again try renewal because they fouled it up badly twice.

They substituted a very rude word for his name the last time when he renewed. They refused to respond to any complaints regarding it.

We have subscribed to Now Playing for many years and no problems at all.  Of course, we have never changed our address either so that helps.  Never had a problem with renewals.

Because they print and deliver it about 30 days in advance of the month of issue, it is subject to last minute changes.  However, that is seldom a problem except for when they do the In Memorium specials and you are unaware of it.

One possible concern is that like so many publicantions today, TCM does not do this in-house.  They contract out for it.  Seems most publications I get have some connection with Palm Coast FL or a town in Texas for subscriptions.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings