Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Highway 301

ElCid

Watched this yesterday and found it very interesting.  Being from S.C., I am somewhat familiar with US 301, which extends from Glascow DE to Sarasota FL and was a major tourist route prior to I-95.  South of the Border in SC is one of the famous tourist stops on 301 and now I-95.  FYI, it's south of the NC/SC border.

I keep a road atlas on end table in den so I can check out the locations and roads for TV shows and movies.  I traced the route of Highway 301 and it does go through Richmond, but is a long way from Winston-Salem NC and actually bypasses Washington DC. 

Which made me curious about why they would use Highway 301 for the title.  Of course, probably 90% of the locations on the Route 66 TV series were no where near Route 66.

Watched this yesterday and found it very interesting.  Being from S.C., I am somewhat familiar with US 301, which extends from Glascow DE to Sarasota FL and was a major tourist route prior to I-95.  South of the Border in SC is one of the famous tourist stops on 301 and now I-95.  FYI, it's south of the NC/SC border.

I keep a road atlas on end table in den so I can check out the locations and roads for TV shows and movies.  I traced the route of Highway 301 and it does go through Richmond, but is a long way from Winston-Salem NC and actually bypasses Washington DC. 

Which made me curious about why they would use Highway 301 for the title.  Of course, probably 90% of the locations on the Route 66 TV series were no where near Route 66.

Well, since much of the action centers in Richmond, the title makes a certain amount of sense, since 301 does pass through that city. Given that it also took place in Winston-Salem, it could also have been called Highway 29, except that that road doesn't pass through Maryland.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings