Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WRONG "Christmas Carol" In Theaters!!

Trace28

Just A Sincere Suggestion To You, TCM;

Next Year. When You Decide on Which Christmas Movies To Put In Theaters, PLEASE Make It The 1951 Version of "A Christmas Carol," OR "Scrooge," With Alistair Sim,!!!

My Family & Many Friends, As Well As Most People I Know Who Love Classic Films, Agree That Mr. Sim IS & Always Will Be, THE BEST "Scrooge," to Be On Film, & This Is THE BEST VERSION!!!

Luckily, It's Is Being Played on The "Hallmark Movie Channel," Off & On, (12/11/14-9PM), And Sometimes, "American Movie Classics," However, TCM Powers That Be, ( ? Robert Osborne), You Will Be Doing All Fans A Great Service If The '51-"Scrooge"/Sim Version Is Shown In Theaters

Next Year,...Or At Least Should Be

"An Essential," Next December!!!

Thanks For Considering My Suggestion!!

• Like 1

Y'know----Detroit's venerable old FOX THEATER has been known to show some "classic" movies at particular "anniversary" times.   Like the 60th anniversary of WIZARD OF OZ, or the 50th of CITIZEN KANE or CASABLANCA and the 30th of BEN HUR.

So, I wouldn't mind making the trek to downtown Detroit for "A Christmas Carol"s 65th anniversary next year!  IF they decide to SHOW it, of course.

Looks like I have some LETTER WRITING to do!

Sepiatone

Just A Sincere Suggestion To You, TCM;

Next Year. When You Decide on Which Christmas Movies To Put In Theaters, PLEASE Make It The 1951 Version of "A Christmas Carol," OR "Scrooge," With Alistair Sim,!!!

My Family & Many Friends, As Well As Most People I Know Who Love Classic Films, Agree That Mr. Sim IS & Always Will Be, THE BEST "Scrooge," to Be On Film, & This Is THE BEST VERSION!!!

Luckily, It's Is Being Played on The "Hallmark Movie Channel," Off & On, (12/11/14-9PM), And Sometimes, "American Movie Classics," However, TCM Powers That Be, ( ? Robert Osborne), You Will Be Doing All Fans A Great Service If The '51-"Scrooge"/Sim Version Is Shown In Theaters

Next Year,...Or At Least Should Be

"An Essential," Next December!!!

Thanks For Considering My Suggestion!!

Liked......Sim IS Scrooge. Always was, always will be.

Owen wasn't bad, not at all, but Sim is better.

Oh and Trace, if you want more Sim, catch Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, almost a word for word version of Sim's, complete with the sister abandonment angle. Plus, those wonderful songs...................... sigh.

The movie with Alistair Sim as Scrooge is my favorite film adaptation of the Dickens novel and I prefer the British title SCROOGE (which is what appeared as the title when I last saw it on TCM even though they listed it as A CHRISTMAS CAROL on their schedule).

My favorite reimagined version is EBBIE with Susan Lucci as the Scrooge character, reimagined as the owner of an NYC department store in the 1990s.

I was going to call this a guilty pleasure, but I actually feel no guilt. None.

EBBIE first aired on Lifetime when I was in high school.

I like it a lot . . . although I cringe a little when the kid from HOME IMPROVEMENT (as the Tiny Tim character) sings.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings