Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Merry Christmas and other holidays of the season

SansFin

I'm really sorry; I know this is not holiday or Christmas related, but consider this Masha and the Bear episode an early present:

Humor being able to transcend language is one of the few things that sustains what little hope I have left for humanity.

(Thanks for introducing me to Masha, SansFin.)

I found the Masha animation series today (December 21) by accident.  There suppose to be an English language site set up but there in no video available. It's based on Russian folklore with a total of 46 episodes created by Oleg Kuzakov.

The Russian website, one has to overcome the language barrier (maybe a chance to learn a little)

http://mashabear.ru/video/#null

Link for a charming wallpaper.

http://images.forwallpaper.com/files/images/2/2bc1/2bc10019/99050/cartoons-masha-masha-and-the-bear-soap-bubbles-flowers-sky-clouds.jpg

The voice of Masha is performed by Alina Kukushkina 

(Thanks for introducing me to Masha

It is my very great pleasure! I love the series very much. Masha has been my nickname several times in my life because it means: "intelligent and whimsically precocious girl." That at least is the definition I am providing and which you must accept. :)

I found the Masha animation series today (December 21) by accident. 

It is unfortunate that you did not see my original post. I provided a link to that episode. I made it link rather than embedded video because I post it to many places and I fear than many here are tired of seeing it posted.

The characters are loosely based on folklore. A telling of the tale in English is at:

http://russian-bedtime-stories.blogspot.com/2012/04/masha-and-bear.html

Masha is common nickname for beautiful and intelligent and precocious girl. It is used most often when she has been precious beyond her mother's tolerance. ;)

It is unfortunate that you did not see my original post. I provided a link to that episode. I made it link rather than embedded video because I post it to many places and I fear than many here are tired of seeing it posted.

The characters are loosely based on folklore. A telling of the tale in English is at:

http://russian-bedtime-stories.blogspot.com/2012/04/masha-and-bear.html

Masha is common nickname for beautiful and intelligent and precocious girl. It is used most often when she has been precious beyond her mother's tolerance. ;)

I found it on the original page, sorry I did miss it. This is the English website I was referring to but there are no videos. :(

http://mashabear.com/

Один дома (Home Alone)

Shoot, I was expecting booby traps and torture of intruders

Here is an interesting painting.

masha_and_bear_by_tigr_r_renok-d6jc7l1.j

I found the Masha animation series today (December 21) by accident.  There suppose to be an English language site set up but there in no video available. It's based on Russian folklore with a total of 46 episodes created by Oleg Kuzakov.

The Russian website, one has to overcome the language barrier (maybe a chance to learn a little)

http://mashabear.ru/video/#null

Link for a charming wallpaper.

http://images.forwallpaper.com/files/images/2/2bc1/2bc10019/99050/cartoons-masha-masha-and-the-bear-soap-bubbles-flowers-sky-clouds.jpg

The voice of Masha is performed by Alina Kukushkina 

Thank, HR!

It's interesting to see Alina.

I found it on the original page, sorry I did miss it. This is the English website I was referring to but there are no videos. :(

http://mashabear.com/

Один дома (Home Alone)

Shoot, I was expecting booby traps and torture of intruders

Here is an interesting painting.

Thanks for the link to the English site. I hope they get the videos working.

Cool picture, too!

Glorious!  Surely you're living in paradise, Dargo.  

Yeah, well, I certainly think so anyway!

(...but remember...the WIFE is stuck livin' with ME here in paradise, and so that MAY not be a unanimous household opinion here, GayD!)  LOL

;)

Some last minute shopping at Macy's today.  Christmas brings out people not normally seen in the local shopping center during the year, or so it seemed today.  I slipped and said "Merry Christmas" to a clerk and he replied with a hearty "Happy Holidays."  As I walked from the cash register a tough looking, pony-tailed Hispanic fellow with neck tattoos smiled at me and said "Merry Christmas" and I wished him the same.  It made my day.  I thought of TikiSoo, in a thread where she talked about smiling and making eye contact with strangers.  It really gives one a lift, especially this time of year when people are so frenzied.  

Some last minute shopping at Macy's today.  Christmas brings out people not normally seen in the local shopping center during the year, or so it seemed today.  I slipped and said "Merry Christmas" to a clerk and he replied with a hearty "Happy Holidays."  As I walked from the cash register a tough looking, pony-tailed Hispanic fellow with neck tattoos smiled at me and said "Merry Christmas" and I wished him the same.  It made my day.  I thought of TikiSoo, in a thread where she talked about smiling and making eye contact with strangers.  It really gives one a lift, especially this time of year when people are so frenzied.  

What do you mean, "you slipped"?  It's unfortunate that some people get hung up on whether or not someone says "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" this time of year.  No matter which greeting you use, the sentiment behind it should be considered as a sincere wish that everyone enjoy the season, regardless of their age, appearance, or circumstance.  Now, I have to admit, I draw the line if someone were to say, "Merry Christmas, you no-good S.O.B.", although I would make an exception if the person had imbibed in too much Christmas Cheer as they uttered the salutation  :lol:

Well GayD, then it's certainly a good thing you didn't run into THIS idiot while last-minute shopping yesterday, isn't it?!...

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/plane-passenger-tossed-after-flipping-out-over-106144235462.html

(...I mean, I'm not "religious" myself, but what the hell kind of "personal problems" does one have to possess in order to act THAT way, HUH?!!!...but trust me, after being an airline boarding gate supervisor for many years, THAT freakin' idiot wouldn't have probably made MY "Top Five All-Time BIGGEST Passenger Idiots List"...well, okay, he MIGHT have just inched his way into the No.5 position anyway!!!)  LOL

What do you mean, "you slipped"?  It's unfortunate that some people get hung up on whether or not someone says "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" this time of year.  No matter which greeting you use, the sentiment behind it should be considered as a sincere wish that everyone enjoy the season, regardless of their age, appearance, or circumstance.  Now, I have to admit, I draw the line if someone were to say, "Merry Christmas, you no-good S.O.B.", although I would make an exception if the person had imbibed in too much Christmas Cheer as they uttered the salutation  :lol:

I live in an area where almost everyone says "Happy Holidays," at least in public!  Although I realize that's all inclusive, it's just so bland.  Anyway, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it, and for good measure, Happy Festivus.  :)

I live in an area where almost everyone says "Happy Holidays," at least in public!  Although I realize that's all inclusive, it's just so bland.  Anyway, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it, and for good measure, Happy Festivus.  :)

OK, a couple of things----

First of all, in this forum( and others) as a joke, and around my family, I've been wishing everyone---

A Happy/Merry Ramahannukwanzmas!  I think it got all of 'em in there---sounds just as DUMB as the generic "Happy Holidays"  except I couldn't think of a way to get NEW YEARS in there....

Another kinda fun thing----

I was channel surfing one night( I think it was on the 23rd) and ran across the movie WHITE CHRISTMAS.  My wife was kind of bored with it, since she didn't much ever care for it, and asked me to "Change that. Find something ELSE!"  I told  her that I at least would wartch it until...."They show the part where BING CROSBY tap dances with DANNY F U **ING KAYE!"  which was a quick referrence to "Christmas Vacation".

Sepiatone

Thank, HR!

It's interesting to see Alina.

This song made my holiday (and year).  Like the message behind it - makeup don't make the person It's in Episode 40. Music by Vasiliy Bogatyrev.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM4bc7Unj0k

Bad news concerning the English videos, they were taken down because of copyright claim by X Media Digital.

Oddly, the people next door, who just moved in over the summer, were busy Christmas afternoon taking down their Christmas decorations!

Now, as tradition and, based loosely on superstition, we usually don't start that until after the New Year.  So, on Jan 1, we'll begin the proccess.

Also, don't forget to put your MONEY out this New Year's Eve.  A variation of an old Polish custom of throwing money out the door as the clock rings 12.  In MY family, we'd put a bit of change( whatever's in your pocket) on the porch, just outside the front door, and pull it back in the house after the midnight hour.  It's supposed to ensure you'll always have enough money to live on though the year, or some such s**t.  But my MOTHER was real big on this custom, and we still do it in honor of HER more than belief of the "good fortune" it's supposed to provide. So........

Don't forget to put your money out!

Sepiatone

Oddly, the people next door, who just moved in over the summer, were busy Christmas afternoon taking down their Christmas decorations!

Now, as tradition and, based loosely on superstition, we usually don't start that until after the New Year.  So, on Jan 1, we'll begin the proccess.

Well then Sepia, I suppose you can now use your family as the "control group" and your new neighbors as the "experimental group" to see if there's any "truth" to this here "superstition", huh!

(...uh-huh...'cause if somethin' bad happens to THEM in 2015, you'll then know this wasn't JUST a "superstition", RIGHT?!...or, as Stevie Wonder says...

;)

I got a gift card from a local hardware store.  I've got some projects coming up in 2015, so it will come in handy.

You must be a very good boy! It would not be wise for me to give my husband such a thing because it would be spent on tools which might some day be nice to have but which have no immediate use. His next major project will be cabinet to hold tools but it is sad to say that it can not be so large as to hold all tools which need permanent home.

It is our tradition that Christmas tree is put up near New Year's Day and remains until after Christmas Day which is January 7.

Archived