Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The clock on the message board is wrong

HoldenIsHere

The stamp says 9:47. I am assuming that is because I am in the Central time zone. So it seems correct. Right?

I see the stamp as 3:47 PM on my original post as as 4:12 PM on your post.

The time stamp has been wrong on 2 different computers I've used at different physical locations for the last 2 days.

The time stamp has been wrong on 2 different computers I've used at different physical locations for the last 2 days.

I'm not a techie, so I don't know what to tell you. Maybe FredCDobbs or someone else might be able to help explain the discrepancies you are experiencing...

There is the problem. You're moving around too much. Time is relative. If you're moving too quickly, time slows down. Also, your length contracts while your mass increases, which can get pretty painful. Therefore, we should all slow down; we're moving too fast.

One has to set the time zone in 'settings.    One this site the time is not set by the system automatically and therefore if one moves from one time zone to another it will NOT change.

There is the problem. You're moving around too much. Time is relative. If you're moving too quickly, time slows down. Also, your length contracts while your mass increases, which can get pretty painful. Therefore, we should all slow down; we're moving too fast.

Yeah, didn't PAUL SIMON already advise us on this?

"Slow down, you move too fast;

You got to make the morning last, just;

Kickin' down the cobblestones;

Lookin' for fun and;

Feelin' GROOVY!

Anyway, it's all the right time on THIS end!  I'll post this NOW, which is, according to my computer, 12:09 am

You sound as if you've just listened to Simon & Garfunkel's "59th Street Bridge Song"....Oops. I just scrolled down, and I see that Sepiatone has already referred to this song.

I'm in the Eastern Zone, and the time stamp on your post says 10:47 am.

But it doesn't matter what time zone one is actually in but what time zone one has under 'settings'. 

I found this out the first week after the re-formating of this site.   I wondered why my times were all 'out there'.   Well someone told me about the settings feature.   For some reason my time zone setting was set to some Asia time zone value!    Once I changed it to PST, all was fine.

But it doesn't matter what time zone one is actually in but what time zone one has under 'settings'. 

I found this out the first week after the re-formating of this site.   I wondered why my times were all 'out there'.   Well someone told me about the settings feature.   For some reason my time zone setting was set to some Asia time zone value!    Once I changed it to PST, all was fine.

I'm the culprit. I changed you to an Asian time zone just to mess with your head.

I had the same situation, my setting at first said Bogata time! I set it for EST and haven't had a problem since.

• Like 1

I had the same situation, my setting at first said Bogata time! I set it for EST and haven't had a problem since.

That is funny.  I guess TCM just set the value to some 'out there' value in the inital launch of the website.  Strange that they didn't default it to EST  (which is the time zone I assume most people are from),  so only users in other time zones, like myself, had to make a change.

But hey,  I was just happy I was able to log on and get my old username back.   Those were the day!   :D

That is funny.  I guess TCM just set the value to some 'out there' value in the inital launch of the website.  Strange that they didn't default it to EST  (which is the time zone I assume most people are from),  so only users in other time zones, like myself, had to make a change.

But hey,  I was just happy I was able to log on and get my old username back.   Those were the day!   :D

If I was on Bogata time, I would be doing some snorting just to get in the spirit.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings