Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Portrait In Black (1960)

cigarjoe

I have and found it interesting.  You sympathize with Turner's character being married to a jerk like Nolan's but the answer she comes up with destroys a man whose came so far in life.  Saxon and Dee make a great romantic team and Walston is terrific as the driver who knows more than he should and intends to profit by it.  The scenery and costumes are gorgeous and while you know how it will pretty much end getting there is worth the ride.  Not great but a good time passer.

I have and found it interesting.  You sympathize with Turner's character being married to a jerk like Nolan's but the answer she comes up with destroys a man whose came so far in life.  Saxon and Dee make a great romantic team and Walston is terrific as the driver who knows more than he should and intends to profit by it.  The scenery and costumes are gorgeous and while you know how it will pretty much end getting there is worth the ride.  Not great but a good time passer.

The whole film while entertaining enough seems way to dated and quaint for 1960, and I've never liked Sandra Dee 6/10.

Just watched this, another color Noir with femme fatal Lana Turner, Anthony Quinn, Richard Basehart, Lloyd Nolan, John Saxon  Sandra Dee and Ray Walston, entertaining.

Anyone see this one?

I have, a few times but not for a few years.  I've  been requesting TCM show this one. Portrait In Black  use to be shown on tv, but has disappeared. You said you saw it recently, where did you see it? Was it shown on tv? I'd love to see this one again :)

I have, a few times but not for a few years.  I've  been requesting TCM show this one. Portrait In Black  use to be shown on tv, but has disappeared. You said you saw it recently, where did you see it? Was it shown on tv? I'd love to see this one again :)

Netflix DVD

I've not only never seen it, I'm sorry to admit, I've never even heard of this one.

I'd be interested in seeing it, though, particularly if it has Richard Basehart in it. A fine, and sadly, under-recognized actor.

(Hope my use of commas there was correct.)

That's 'cause every time a thread about Richard Basehart is started, it's moved to the "sub-forum"!

(...get IT?!..."Voyage to the Bottom....oh never mind)

;)

• Like 1

Right, or maybe "Far and Away"....

cigarjoe, I apologize for going way off-topic, but that title "Portrait in Black", put me in mind of this great old Beatles tune:

It's really a fine little ear worm. Those guys really understood the concept of melody.

And now, back to "Portrait in Black".

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings