Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two Turkish film premieres on TCM, in the wee hours

Swithin

Two Turkish films are on TCM overnight tonight, both premieres: Law of the Border (1966) and Dry Summer (1964). Dry Summer sounds particularly interesting to me. Here's an essay about it from its Criterion release:

http://www.criterion.com/current/posts/2991-dry-summer-the-laws-of-nature

It's great to have the opportunity to see (or rather record, since presumably I'll be asleep) these two rarities!

Just watched Law of the Border.  It really does play like a Western--better than a lot of them.  Only a lot less sentimental.  The director, Lutfi Akad, sure has a fine style, spare and intense.  Too bad they had so little to work with in restoring the print.  But I'm glad we have it at all.

• Like 1

Two Turkish films are on TCM overnight tonight, both premieres: Law of the Border (1966) and Dry Summer (1964). Dry Summer sounds particularly interesting to me. Here's an essay about it from its Criterion release:

http://www.criterion.com/current/posts/2991-dry-summer-the-laws-of-nature

It's great to have the opportunity to see (or rather record, since presumably I'll be asleep) these two rarities!

What delight!

Just watched Law of the Border.  It really does play like a Western--better than a lot of them.  Only a lot less sentimental.  The director, Lutfi Akad, sure has a fine style, spare and intense.  Too bad they had so little to work with in restoring the print.  But I'm glad we have it at all.

Anyone stating it's a bad print is an understatement, restoration will cost a kings ransom. Lol with the sheep stepping on land mines. (that's something we don't see often)

HnqdMaM.png?1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings