Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Star of the Month poll

TopBilled

SOTM  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see featured as SOTM on TCM?

• Susan Hayward
    • George Murphy
    • Peter Lawford
    • Myrna Loy & William Powell (all their films together)
    • Roy Rogers
    • Shelley Winters
    • George Sanders
    • Jerry Lewis
    • Linda Darnell
    • Bing Crosby
    • Steve McQueen
    • Lizabeth Scott
    • James Dean/Gone Too Soon (short filmographies)
    • Virginia Weidler/Classic Child Stars
    • Charles Coburn or Edna May Oliver/Character Actors & Character Actresses
    • Joan Bennett
    • Jack Nicholson
    • Greta Garbo & John Gilbert
    • Faye Dunaway
    • Other
  2. 2. How important is having a Star of the Month on TCM?

• very important
    • somewhat important
    • not too important (there are better reasons to watch TCM)

Here is your chance to vote for your favorite...!

I learned that I can provide up to 20 answers per question. If the person you want for SOTM is not one of the first 19 choices, then select the last choice (Other) and then post on the thread your choice as a write-in.

Okay...? 

George Sanders is someone I like. I think you do always know what you are getting with him. He's a very comfortable actor, and I mean that in a good way.

As far as TB's idea of making Virginia and other child actors a SOTM, I'd love to see TCM turn that Saturday morning slot over to them officially, maybe even with a host.

TCM has long scheduled that slot with Saturday matinee in mind and I think a 90 minute to 2 hour slot each week would be good. Jane Withers, Sybil Jason, Dickie Moore, Edith Fellows,Shirley Temple, Virginia, anyone else you can think of. I'd discourage them showing Mickey and Judy there only because they get shown all over the schedule already. 

I'd also hope they would come up with a couple of films from my personal Big Three (Weidler, Withers, and Temple) outside of the ones they show all the time.2nm3gop.jpg

• Like 3

George Sanders is someone I like. I think you do always know what you are getting with him. He's a very comfortable actor, and I mean that in a good way.

As far as TB's idea of making Virginia and other child actors a SOTM, I'd love to see TCM turn that Saturday morning slot over to them officially, maybe even with a host.

TCM has long scheduled that slot with Saturday matinee in mind and I think a 90 minute to 2 hour slot each week would be good. Jane Withers, Sybil Jason, Dickie Moore, Edith Fellows,Shirley Temple, Virginia, anyone else you can think of. I'd discourage them showing Mickey and Judy there only because they get shown all over the schedule already. 

I'd also hope they would come up with a couple of films from my personal Big Three (Weidler, Withers, and Temple) outside of the ones they show all the time.2nm3gop.jpg

Very good post, GinnyFan. Love the three photos, too. I was reflecting on this earlier. I think the child stars month would be good for a December, because they could wrap it up with Peter Billingsley in A CHRISTMAS STORY.

• Like 1

Thanks to all who have participated. At present, it looks like George Sanders is the top vote-getter.

I am quoting myself here, because more votes have been cast-- and now the character actors/actresses are in the lead. George Sanders is second in the survey.

• Like 1

Point of order.

The top of the poll says that  "18 members have voted" but we have way more than 18 votes in the poll.

?  

I believe it is because the system allows you to vote for more than one person. You can only vote one time, but you can vote for more than one person. In predictable fashion, I suppose we'll have posters who don't like these polls saying that invalidates the survey, but I disagree. This is not an official government election. LOL It's like having a first, second and third choice.

What counts in the end is the overall number of votes your favorite star receives. So if Weidler receives 100 votes, that would still mean 100 people want her as SOTM, even if they also want Peter Lawford and Myrna Loy.

Going back to what I quoted from your earlier post, at present, Weidler cannot receive more than 18 votes because only 18 people voted, and you cannot vote for the same person twice. So the data is still accurate, legitimate.

Why did you not include Warren William as a possible candidate?

I overlooked him, it was not an intentional slight-- but I figured there were some I overlooked and that is why an 'Other' option was included. 

Warren William did have a SUTS tribute a few summers ago. Stars like Virginia Weidler, Peter Lawford, Susan Hayward and Shelley Winters have never had SUTS tributes.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings