Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
OrcoDev

From Here To Eternity - the making of

Hey classic film fans,

Many years ago my father interviewed the director of From Here To Eternity, Fred Zinneman.  Here's a clip of them discussing the making of the film, including comments about Sinatra and Clift.  I hope you enjoy and share it with all your classic film friends.  Visit our youtube channel for more classic movie interviews. 

interview clip:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utJbl6Um9aY&list=PLMPg4RkqBExb9aT0_t_EPTKKZif8GT5a-

website http://www.orcodevelopment.org

• Like 1

Thanks, Orco!

I'm watching Robin Hood right now, but will check your links to those interviews as soon as I get the chance.

You've contributed your father's interviews here before, I think?

Yes, that's right misswonderlytoo - I've posted about my father's interviews before.  I hope people enjoy them, and I hope you enjoy the ones I added recently.

Yes, that's right misswonderlytoo - I've posted about my father's interviews before.  I hope people enjoy them, and I hope you enjoy the ones I added recently.

I love these interviews.  Thanks for posting them.    Interesting what Zimmerman had to say about Frank and Clift.   Your father wasn't shy when it came to asking the hard questions (e.g. Clift's pathway to destruction).   I like that.  No softball pitches there!

Thanks for sharing.

I love these interviews.  Thanks for posting them.    Interesting what Zimmerman had to say about Frank and Clift.   Your father wasn't shy when it came to asking the hard questions (e.g. Clift's pathway to destruction).   I like that.  No softball pitches there!

Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you enjoyed them, James.  Yeah if there's one thing my dad isn't it's shy, haha.  He usually believed in the you attracted more flies with honey theory but if he felt like the subject was opening up he would throw in a challenging question now and then.

Hey classic film fans,

Many years ago my father interviewed the director of From Here To Eternity, Fred Zinneman.  Here's a clip of them discussing the making of the film, including comments about Sinatra and Clift.  I hope you enjoy and share it with all your classic film friends.  Visit our youtube channel for more classic movie interviews. 

interview clip: 

Thank you for sharing that! I still love to watch this film.

Not to change the subject but....

I know they also had a TV miniseries (remake) in 1979 with Natalie Wood and William Devane. I'd love to see that at least once. I'm not sure anyone has aired it since it was on back then.

Hey classic film fans,

interview clip: 

Fascinating interview with a very intelligent man.

Sounds like your father was quite a guy.

I also enjoyed the interview with Charles Lamont on Abbott and Costello.

Finally got around to playing the interview clip, good stuff.  FROM HERE TO ETERNITY is a movie I have watched many times, or at least segments of it.  I think the casting, whether by design or fate, works very well on this film.  The directing moves it along at a good pace, several storylines interwoven. It never bogs down or gets too confusing. Its a  bit of a soap opera ( I usually don't go for those kind of films) but has enough action and doesn't get too far removed from reality. The characters and their situations are real.   

Fascinating interview with a very intelligent man.

Sounds like your father was quite a guy.

I also enjoyed the interview with Charles Lamont on Abbott and Costello.

Actually my father is still alive, but I've been uploading his interviews because he's not really into computers/technology.  I'm glad you enjoyed the Charles Lamont interview.  Comedy directors often don't get their due - timing and editing are so similar and so important in comedy.

Actually my father is still alive, but I've been uploading his interviews because he's not really into computers/technology.  I'm glad you enjoyed the Charles Lamont interview.  Comedy directors often don't get their due - timing and editing are so similar and so important in comedy.

Sorry! IS quite a guy. Does he still keep in touch with the remaining greats?

Ben M. has nothing on you!

Sorry! IS quite a guy. Does he still keep in touch with the remaining greats?

Ben M. has nothing on you!

Not that I'm aware of.  As you mentioned there are so few greats remaining.  He interviewed Kirk Douglas and Olivia de Havilland, but hasn't spoken to them in years.  Olivia wrote him a lovely handwritten letter once, I should take a look at it for old times sake.