Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now theatres with beds instead of seats?

hamradio

When I lived in Massachusetts over 15 years ago, there were theaters taking out seats and replacing them with tables....selling "dinner & a movie". That concept was a huge success in the PNW and seemed to do well in the theaters I've attended here in the east as well.

The theater I helped restore here in Syracuse fitted the upper balcony with big comfy couches, which I found too easy to drift off to sleep.

My friend's theater in Cape Cod has ALL cast off seating; couches, recliners, tall tables with barstools, etc. He says most patrons have their favorite "spot".

Beds are kind of creepy, although many Americans wear pajamas instead of clothing out of the house these days-they'd fit right in.

Beds are kind of creepy, although many Americans wear pajamas instead of clothing out of the house these days-they'd fit right in.

I get amused with women wearing hair rollers, half way dressed with bath slippers in a supermarket. Next stop, the movies?

Did anyone ever attended one of these?  Making out might be a distraction, lol.  Pajamas extra.

Yeah, thought of that right off.

Surprising they weren't that common in the '70's, when many theaters, and even converted GAS STATIONS became members of that group of theaters nationwide that probably went under the name of "Pu s s y cat" theaters!

Where were THESE when I went to see "Once Upon A Time In Mexico"?  or, "The English Patient"?

Sepiatone

Let's make up our minds-----

Do we want the THEATER EXPERIENCE at home?

OR,   the HOME EXPERIENCE at the THEATER?

If the LATTER, wouldn't SOFAS make more sense? 

Sepiatone

It's getting hard to tell the difference.

Now that is w-i-d-e-s-c-r-e-e-n!

accesories-decors-interior-luxury-home-t

Archived