Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Fans of [i]Sunset Boulevard[/i] Give Your Opinion of This

Peter Lawford used to frequent the **** and Bull Restaurant in Los Angeles during the period just prior to his death. I have a friend who was a waitress there. She said he was often quite drunk and not looking well but always nice and very much the gentleman.

But let's not forget that Sinatra made Lawford's life a hell when Kennedy caved in to his bully of a brother Robert that he not stay at Sinatra's house. I said it before but things would've been better if they assassinated Robert rather the president. After all, he went after organized crime figures the same one's who got his brother elected. He was not the most loyal of people.

This will be the best place for me to put my last post in to this site that I am going to make. Who is Your Hero? Mine is Bob Dylan, Janis, The Moody Blues, The Beatles, Billy Wilder, Woody Allen, Frank Capra,Art Carney, Thorton Wilder,Henry David Thoreau. Though I do not believe that a plant will spring up where no seed has been, I have great faith is a seed, convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders. If not than I will leave you to your internal dialogue, fancies and stipulations.

the best Sunset Boulevard book is the "inside" book written by Sam Staggs--he totally deconstructs the movie and everyone involved in it. He has the scoop of Holden vs. Clift, Swanson vs West and Dietrich etc. As the film stands I think it's perfect. My favorite film ever and all the cast is total perfection right down to Lloyd Gough, Fred Clark, and Yvette Vickers.

Swanson had supposedly personally invited WILLIAM HAINES (he would have been 50) to appear as a wax work with Keaton and Nillson but he refused the offer and H.B. Warner snagged the 4th.

It's a tribute to Wilder that he built the Desmond part as the film went along, knowing that Swanson was turning in a brilliant performance.