Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Boom!

Mac_the_Nice

The hugely infamous critical Bomb of 1968 from Joseph Losey and Tennessee Williams; Taylor & Burton, Noel Coward . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5jr464aO0U

Till now, available from Amazon, only on VHS (new from $56.87, used from $29.99).

But check it out . . .

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062751/

Lots of people love it! Call it 'camp' or 'cult', what you will.

We're just getting settled down to watch this flick first time ever, and seeing how it's set on the coast of--what?--a blue/green Aegean tourmaline sea. Avast! A crime of the century, piracy via the good ship YouTube is about to take place. We shall both don our eye-patches to watch it, and I shall curl my silky black beard, tie it with bows of red ribbons. We'll run up the Jolly Roger, me mateys, so put a parrot to thy one shoulder, a keg of rum to the other, if ye be of a mind inclined to advance up this gangway and board ship with the likes of us.

I have had a tape since the 80's from local late night tv.  Back then every station had their own 16mm collections.  Way better than now. 

Anyway I like the movie alot & (I don't want to spoil it) the photography is great / music by John Barry is unbeatable.  Liz was really motivated and gave everything to this movie.  There is one scene I break out laughing.  She tries to move a medical device & it wouldn't move!

I recommend BOOM! --- I would like to see it on a big screen with powerful sound.  It loses alot on tv. 

I saw some clips of this movie on YouTube and liked what I saw. 

The movie is adapted from Tennessee Williams's play THE MILK TRAIN DOESN'T STOP HERE ANYMORE. 

Although too young for the role of Mrs. Goforth (especially opposite Richard Burton playing a role he's too old for),  Elizabeth Taylor was really good (in the clips I saw anyway). 

Been many years since I've seen it. Wish TCM would show it again, so I can decide if its as awful as I remember it being. (Bad, but not entertainingly bad) It was like the filmmakers were asking for bad reviews with that title (and it got them!)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings