Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Political Correctness raised to an idiocy

NipkowDisc

I landed on msnbc this morning to hear the anchor mention his next "story"....

actor Christian Bale having to explain why most of the actors in Exodus: Of Gods and Kings are white.

heavens to betsy!  :o will it be a thought crime for me to watch The Ten Commandments or David and Bathsheba ever again??? :lol:

wclcwk.jpg

actor Christian Bale having to explain why most of the actors in Exodus: Of Gods and Kings are white.

heavens to betsy!  :o will it be a thought crime for me to watch The Ten Commandments or David and Bathsheba ever again??? :lol:

Well he was explaining it so people like you can understand what is going on.    Just like someone needed to explain to you why women direct pictures that include war scenes.         :lol:

wclcwk.jpg

Notice that recent biblical films has lean mean fighting machines instead of old white beard grandpas?

John Huston as Noah

315.jpg

Russell Crowe as Noah

Want a piece of me? Want some,eh. Come on!

Noah-Russell-Crowe-rain-Facebook-570x300

Oh by the way, I loved the recent "The Bible" series on the History Channel..  Truth be told, LOL!

130318042718_obama-ouazanni.jpg

Here is the scene

Well he was explaining it so people like you can understand what is going on.    Just like someone needed to explain to you why women direct pictures that include war scenes.         :lol:

just was is going on? silly nitpicking over casting? :)

just was is going on? silly nitpicking over casting? :)

I agree it is silly nitpicking over defending who was cast for which part since, sadly,  there is a silly battle over the color of the skin  associated with bibical figures.  

But since people on both side of the aisle care about such things we get this silly nitpicking over casting.

I agree it is silly nitpicking over defending who was cast for which part since, sadly,  there is a silly battle over the color of the skin  associated with bibical figures.  

But since people on both side of the aisle care about such things we get this silly nitpicking over casting.

I guess so. mind you, I'm not angered or upset over the story at all. I just think it is dumb.

Vautrin, on 12 Dec 2014 - 3:45 PM, said:snapback.png

Then again, since there is very

little historical evidence for the Exodus, it probably doesn't matter

if the roles are played by Eskimos or Swedes.

I vote for Eskimos.

I vote for West Bank Arabs.  Spike that drink!

wclcwk.jpg

Nobody but white people should play in any role, anytime.

Yeah well, I just bet ND is probably MORE upset that it's VERY unlikely that chick playin' Nefretiri back there...wclcwk.jpg

...won't be up to over-emoting the line "Oh Moses, Moses, why of all men did I fall in love with a prince of fools", as "well" as Anne Baxter did!!!

OR, that Eddie G. ain't around anymore to read the line...

edward-g-robinson-as-dathan-in-the-ten-c

..."Yeah, SEE! Where's your Moses now, SEE?!", in this new one EITHER!!!

(...ain't that right, ND?!) ;)

Hmmmm...ya know, I never could quite figure out why some folks around here just post pictures of things and THEN don't supply some accompanying text to explain why they just posted a picture of somethin' and so maybe the rest of us might know what their point was supposed to be for postin' the picture???

Can somebody help be out with an answer to this here?...'cause I'm baffled!

Is Fred's point that DeMille's '56 version "will never.be surpassed" OR somethin' else entirely???

(...once again I'm askin' for help here, 'cause Fred won't talk to me...and so I always have to use a "middleman", ya see...a "middlewoman" would also work here too, of course!) LOL

Yeah well, I just bet ND is probably MORE upset that it's VERY unlikely that chick playin' Nefretiri back there...wclcwk.jpg

...won't be up to over-emoting the line "Oh Moses, Moses, why of all men did I fall in love with a prince of fools", as "well" as Anne Baxter did!!!

OR, that Eddie G. ain't around anymore to read the line...

edward-g-robinson-as-dathan-in-the-ten-c

..."Yeah, SEE! Where's your Moses now, SEE?!", in this new one EITHER!!!

(...ain't that right, ND?!) ;)

Right! I was gonna grab this in a few days when it became available but I changed my mind. If Moses' staff ain't good enough for Ridley whatsisname then his cgi fest ain't good enough for me. Ridley, next time put a staff in it. :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings