Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RICH'S MADE-UP TCM MESSAGE BOARD POLLS

Sorry Rich, but I THINK you might have overlooked another option here regarding how to "handle an offensive post".

Yep, THAT'S right...Make FUN of it!!!

AND of course this option is often MOST effective whenever the "offending" poster has little or no sense of humor about themselves!

(...though of course again, this tact should ONLY be utilized by those well versed in its proper application or it's completely wasted)

And that would be????

And that would be????

Well Hibi, kind'a like what I just did with Rich's post here!

BUT, seein' as how I KNOW Rich possess one of THE best senses of humor around this place, I know HE'D get the point I was attempting to make with that reply of mine.

(...and of course not take any offense to it in the process!) 

BUT, seein' as how I KNOW Rich possess one of THE best senses of humor around this place, I know HE'D get the point I was attempting to make with that reply of mine.

!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!!!!!!!!

Uh-oh. I hope your next step isn't that we vote on who has the best sense of humor around this place. I can say definitively that nobody on these boards can knock 'em dead like Karl Marx could.

Uh-oh. I hope your next step isn't that we vote on who has the best sense of humor around this place. I can say definitively that nobody on these boards can knock 'em dead like Karl Marx could.

LOL

Remember here Ol' Fellow Man With Great Sense of Humor...I said "ONE of the best" here! ;)

(...but, IF anybody ever DOES start one of those kinds of threads again, YOU of course will be a shoe-in for the "Brevity is the Soul of Wit Award"!!!) 

Dargo, sorry, you do have a great sense of humor, but RICH is number 1. Besides posting years longer than you or DGF, his Sci-Fi, Horror and Juvenile Deliquent threads ( THAT BELONG IN GENERAL DISCUSSIONS, not in genre threads) that he's been posting for YEARS are hilarious. His polls are a riot, practically every one of his posts (including the one of I AM lzcutter, as an example) never fail to crack us up. You guys rate, but Rich is is in the lead for Best Sense of Humor on the boards :D

Dargo, sorry, you do have a great sense of humor, but RICH is number 1. Besides posting years longer than you or DGF, his Sci-Fi, Horror and Juvenile Deliquent threads ( THAT BELONG IN GENERAL DISCUSSIONS, not in genre threads) that he's been posting for YEARS are hilarious. His polls are a riot, practically every one of his posts (including the one of I AM lzcutter, as an example) never fail to crack us up. You guys rate, but Rich is is in the lead for Best Sense of Humor on the boards :D

I agree with you, lavender. In fact, every time I read Rich's latest entry in his ongoing "Sci-Fi and Juvenile Delinquent" threads, I marvel at his great sense of humor and his excellent use of obscure movie references in them. And admittedly, after reading them, I have a slight case of envy that if only I could be as funny as he is.

(...and so nope, no argument here at all...but NOW ya better check with DGF to see how HE feels about all this!) ;)

LOL

I agree with you, lavender. In fact, every time I read Rich's latest entry in his ongoing "Sci-Fi and Juvenile Delinquent" threads, I marvel at his great sense of humor and his excellent use of obscure movie references in them. And admittedly, after reading them, I have a slight case of envy that if only I could be as funny as he is.

(...and so nope, no argument here at all...but NOW ya better check with DGF to see how HE feels about all this!) ;)

LOL

Won't change my opinion, no matter what he thinks LOL and since he does have a good sense of humor as you do he'd better agree

;):P

Moderator, Moderator---Where are you? Please delete this discriminatory post.

• Like 1

This is all getting too cute and corny for me. I feel like posting one of Dorothy Parker's famous lines: "Tonstant weeder fwowed up!"  (I have to confess: I wish we didn't have the capability to conduct polls.)  :)

• Like 1

This is all getting too cute and corny for me. I feel like posting one of Dorothy Parker's famous lines: "Tonstant weeder fwowed up!"  (I have to confess: I wish we didn't have the capability to conduct polls.) 

What is it that isn't allowing you to NOT click on them (including this satirical set)?

• Like 1

What is it that isn't allowing you to NOT click on them (including this satirical set)?

I've learned from the best (i.e. you) that if you don't like something, you should say something, not just stay away from it!

I've learned from the best (i.e. you) that if you don't like something, you should say something, not just stay away from it!

It's nice that you think I'm the best - but I'm afraid you've misunderstood the examples I've set.

If one doesn't like something, one should say something IF there's a valid reason for not liking what one has read. The personal preference of not wanting other members to have fun in the way they're having it - well, let's just say the validity of saying something about that seems questionable.

It's nice that you think I'm the best - but I'm afraid you've misunderstood the examples I've set.

If one doesn't like something, one should say something IF there's a valid reason for not liking what one has read. The personal preference of not wanting other members to have fun in the way they're having it - well, let's just say the validity of saying something about that seems questionable.

Well, one assumes that everyone is having fun here -- even when they're saying things that you or I don't like! Otherwise, why would they be here? I've seen grammar corrected, people given nicknames they don't like, arguments countered, often in a really nasty way, etc., etc. I guess all I'm saying here is that I have a low tolerance for corn, and when my threshold is reached, I have to express myself about it! It goes without saying (though you are welcome to say: that I'm a killjoy, that I'm unkind, or that I'm just being a b i t c h!  But I have the same rights to be as unpleasant as anyone else!

I think Harpo said it best in Coconuts:

gookie1.jpg

...I guess all I'm saying here is that I have a low tolerance for corn, and when my threshold is reached, I have to express myself about it! 

Hmmmm...now THAT'S funny Tom..err..I mean Swithin(wink. wink), but I've never noticed you expressing any dismay about all the "corn" that I disperse around this place!!! LOL

;)

Well, one assumes that everyone is having fun here -- even when they're saying things that you or I don't like! Otherwise, why would they be here? I've seen grammar corrected, people given nicknames they don't like, arguments countered, often in a really nasty way, etc., etc. I guess all I'm saying here is that I have a low tolerance for corn, and when my threshold is reached, I have to express myself about it! It goes without saying (though you are welcome to say: that I'm a killjoy, that I'm unkind, or that I'm just being a b i t c h!  But I have the same rights to be as unpleasant as anyone else!

Suit yourself. I guess this means you won't be answering the question I asked - the "what is it that..." question.

But that's okay. I'll assume it's just a compulsion and leave it at that.

Suit yourself. I guess this means you won't be answering the question I asked - the "what is it that..." question.

But that's okay. I'll assume it's just a compulsion and leave it at that.

My hands are messy from getting ready to bake something, so I didn't re-read your posts thoroughly -- apologies, will do so later. But what question? -- I didn't see a question mark in your post.  But your word "valid" is I guess the key word. Everyone who ever posted on this board (I assume) thinks his/her reasons are valid! It's the reader who may not agree, i.e. my perfectly valid reason may seem (and probably does seem) cockamamie to you.