Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RICH'S MADE-UP TCM MESSAGE BOARD POLLS

Don't feel down, you are correct. The number of ways of ordering 52 cards is around 80,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. 

If every person in the world (current population around 7 billion) shuffled cards every 5 seconds for about 200 years, that number of shuffles would not even put a tiny dent into the number above.

Oh good! The Chargers would have made the playoffs if they had won today...but they lost. I shuffled the deck a couple of times and feel better already. Making history is no substitute for seeing your team win but it's better than nothing.

Thanks, Rich

(I wish you would start a math thread down in Off Topic Chit Chat, it might be fun with questions like these. I still have a hard time getting over why all the possible chess game move combinations have not been used up...but I guess that will never happen either.)

:D

Don't feel down, you are correct. The number of ways of ordering 52 cards is around 80,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. 

Ah, yes 52!

I'm not screaming, mind you. 52! is shorthand for 52 facorial which is equal  to 52 x 51 x 50 x 49 x 48 x 47 x 46 x 45 . . . x 3 x 2 x 1.

I wonder how many ways there are to wear a fedora?

WAIT! "Mickey Rooney" was on "60 Minutes"???

And here I always thought Morley Safer was the shortest guy on that show!

(...btw Rich...doncha think Lesley Stahl is the hottest 73 year old woman you'll likely ever see?...well, I think she's still really hot, anyway!) 

uh, How old is Sophia Loren?

I think Heidi Klum suggests a knit cap goes best with sweatpants, dark.

(...at least that was the combination I observed all the joggers wearing while they were running about the Central Park reservoir track earlier this month, anyway)   ;)

When I was a serious runner, I turned crimson if someone referred to me as a "jogger".

I think Heidi Klum suggests a knit cap goes best with sweatpants, dark.

Just think how much more glorious Rocky Balboa would've looked had he been running around in his sweats with a cowboy hat on.

Now that would be fashion that's pleasing to the eyeballs!

001_zpsfbfccb8c.jpg

I thank you for posting this! I find it very, very funny. :)

It is happenstance that my husband and I had both received on Friday reports of work-related psychological evaluations which includes I.Q. testing. We could make no direct definitive comparisons of past reports because of great differences in purpose and methods of testing and great difference in time but this evaluation was concurrent and used same methodology even although they were administered by different agencies. 

I am smarter than my husband! I of course have long known this but I now have conclusive proof based on trio of authoritative tests!

He scoffs that it is two points only but that is his pride overwhelming his power of reasoning which is common for less-intelligent people. :)

• Like 3

Hmmmm....I find it telling that the two people who have so far "Liked" Sans' post about her being "smarter than her husband" were both FEMALES!!!

(...you ladies out there always stick together, doncha?!!!) ;)

LOL

Brilliant! Thank heavens some here are brilliant. Others are just..............well, you know.

Yep Rich! Gotta agree with the woman here! 

(...pssst...word to the wise here however, Rich ol' boy...don't ever get on her bad side, 'cause then she won't think you're so "brilliant" anymore!!!) ;)

LOL

001_zpsa43e0f3e.jpg

Well, I just like the fact that the Sombrero is even on the list.

However, I think I'll have to go with the Fedora. A Fedora hat just says "cool" in a way the others can't even approach.

As for the Stetson, they can be dangerous. Remember what happened to poor old Billy, after Stag-O-Lee found out he'd done stole his Stetson hat?

I thank you for posting this! I find it very, very funny. :)

It is happenstance that my husband and I had both received on Friday reports of work-related psychological evaluations which includes I.Q. testing. We could make no direct definitive comparisons of past reports because of great differences in purpose and methods of testing and great difference in time but this evaluation was concurrent and used same methodology even although they were administered by different agencies. 

I am smarter than my husband! I of course have long known this but I now have conclusive proof based on trio of authoritative tests!

He scoffs that it is two points only but that is his pride overwhelming his power of reasoning which is common for less-intelligent people. :)

Which reminds me of a recent conversation I had with an acquaintance. He made a rather obvious point, and I said, "What do you think I am, stupid". His response was, "No, but I believe that I am more intelligent than you are". (he was completely serious). End of conversation, and end of acquaintanceship..