Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RICH'S MADE-UP TCM MESSAGE BOARD POLLS

Don't worry, "lady". I've given up tryin' to help you see who you really are and how you come across to others, and perhaps become a little more self-aware.

Though I'd STILL bring your freakin' cellphone back to ya if you left it somewhere and I found it!!! LOL

(..."Hybrid mensch/smarta$$" signing off for now..."lady"!) 

It's not like my failure to run after her with her smartphone means that she wasn't likely to get it back. There are a number of scenarios in which the phone would have quickly wound up back in her hands.

It's not like my failure to run after her with her smartphone means that she wasn't likely to get it back. There are a number of scenarios in which the phone would have quickly wound up back in her hands.

Sorry ol' buddy, but that excuse still ain't gonna get ya passage on the "S.S. Menschhood" here!

(...good try, though) ;)

Sorry ol' buddy, but that excuse still ain't gonna get ya passage on the "S.S. Menschhood" here!

(...good try, though) ;)

How's this for a definition of a mensch?-------Somebody kicks you in the groin area. Instead of retaliating, you say, "Thank you, sir, may I have another?"

That's a HORRIBLE example for a definition of Mensch. You should have given her back her phone. That would have shown her that YOU are a Mensch, and her behavior was not Mensch like. Maybe then she would learn some consideration for others. Didn't you ever hear of turning the other cheek LOL

How's this for a definition of a mensch?-------Somebody kicks you in the groin area. Instead of retaliating, you say, "Thank you, sir, may I have another?"

Hmmmm...well...now THAT kind'a sounds like somethin' some guy about 2 thousand years ago who sported a beard and sandals might have said after such an occurrence....AND of course with HIM being thought of my many as the "ULTIMATE mensch".

And even though I yet to meet any person who claims to follow his teachings as being "mensch enough" to react in the manner you've just described IF this unfortunate event might happen to THEM!

(...how about you?...do YOU know anybody like that at all?...eeeh, maybe I'm just runnin' with "the wrong crowd", EH?!) ;)

That's a HORRIBLE example for a definition of Mensch. You should have given her back her phone. That would have shown her that YOU are a Mensch, and her behavior was not Mensch like. Maybe then she would learn some consideration for others. Didn't you ever hear of turning the other cheek LOL

I don't think she would have learned a thing. She probably wouldn't have even said "thank you"..... I doubt if there are many people who have called attention to people's having dropped something or left something behind as much as I have. I tend to notice things like that.

Btw DGF, maybe if you're real nice, maybe Rich will NOW do one of his "polls" here and with the premise of what the people around HERE would say or do if THEY got kicked in the nuts?!! Though of course, because of the physiological differences between the sexes, this kind'a "poll's" results might be a bit "skewed"!!!

(...I know I'D certainly be interested in seein' the results he'd come up with here anyway, and be them "skewed" or NOT...though as usual, I have a feelin' I'm of the minority opinion in this matter!!!) LOL

Review threads are going on hiatus for awhile since I go to work next week. But an occasional review will pop up. Can't find Daddy-O (for free, anyway) but I'll keep looking.

Rich: as the only prickly pin purposely pointed at the pomposity of the pontificating posts by the presumptuous posters present on these here boards, you'll be missed!

emo30.gif

Well folks, at least the "Alliterate One" below is cognizant of her "prickly" nature...and at least a start toward some measure of self-awareness anyway.

(...go on, "lady"...I can top you all day...and unfortunately something you've yet to become cognizant of...I STILL have hope for ya though...though WHY is even stumpin' ME here!!!)

I don't think she would have learned a thing. She probably wouldn't have even said "thank you"..... I doubt if there are many people who have called attention to people's having dropped something or left something behind as much as I have. I tend to notice things like that.

A friend of mine once had some fun at the expense of a litterer on the el train. 

The litterer had thrown a discarded candy wrapper onto the floor of the train (you're not supposed to eat on the trains per the posted signs but that's another issue).

Anyway . . . my friend in her most concerned voice said to the litterer, "You dropped something."

Said litterer got all agitated and started quickly looking around.

"What? What?!" exclaimed the litterer.

My friend pointed to the discarded candy wrapper and said, "That silver thing."

When the litterer realized what was dropped, she snorted in disgust.   

A friend of mine once had some fun at the expense of a litterer on the el train. 

The litterer had thrown a discarded candy wrapper onto the floor of the train (you're not supposed to eat on the trains per the posted signs but that's another issue).

Anyway . . . my friend in her most concerned voice said to the litterer, "You dropped something."

Said litterer got all agitated and started quickly looking around.

"What? What?!" exclaimed the litterer.

My friend pointed to the discarded candy wrapper and said, "That silver thing."

When the litterer realized what was dropped, she snorted in disgust.   

Yep Holden, ain't it fun when some folks get all bent out of shape and after you make them "cognizant" of their faults!

And especially when they're dread to admit 'em! ;)

(...nope, somehow it's never as much fun when they admit 'em, and I'll bet that story would never have been relayed to you by your friend IF that litterer would have just picked up that candy wrapper without complaint and attempted to excuse themselves for their faulty behavior, huh...well, that's MY guess, anyway)

LOL

Oh Rich! You're SO "topical"!!! ;)

How DO you whip these babies out so quickly, HUH???

(...btw...the difference between Minerva and Edna was that Edna was more "Palomino-like", and whereas Minerva with her added girth was definitely more toward the Clydesdale end of the spectrum)

(...btw...the difference between Minerva and Edna was that Edna was more "Palomino-like", and whereas Minerva with her added girth was definitely more toward the Clydesdale end of the spectrum)

Hey, you do know your horseflesh!

Coincidentally, in my younger days, I rode a few palominos, and a Belgian Shire (which is about as big as a Clydesdale).  That Shire darn near wore me out with its power. I had to sit still for about a half hour after getting off that thing.

Coincidentally, in my younger days, I rode a few palominos, and a Belgian Shire (which is about as big as a Clydesdale).  That Shire darn near wore me out with its power. I had to sit still for about a half hour after getting off that thing.

Funny...word is Catherine the Great never had that problem!

(...though now that I recall, I think her "riding style" WAS said to be rather "unorthodox"!)

• Like 1

001_zps12679e20.jpg

Happy to check out your profile to up your profile views, since that **** is important around here.

I happen to like Edna May Oliver, and EMO and James Gleason together with her even more.

Lucky you. Belgian Shires are gorgeous animals, as are all draft horses. I used to love Lipizzaners, but now think they are the abused women of the horse breed.

Yeah...well...horses are okay I guess, but I know my motorcycles always immediately go where I steer 'em...'cause my steering inputs don't have to be processed through an animal with a brain the size of a walnut!

(...and which now reminds me of that old "debate" Johnny and Ed used to occasionally have on the old Tonight Show...the one about which animal is smarter...the pig or the horse!)

Coincidentally, in my younger days, I rode a few palominos, and a Belgian Shire (which is about as big as a Clydesdale). That Shire darn near wore me out with its power. I had to sit still for about a half hour after getting off that thing.

When I was young and dumb a friend and I went into a pasture and sat on a Belgian Shire. Huge hooves on it but luckily was as gentle as a kitten. It was the pony that bucked me off! I had a Tennessee Walker when I was 16 and because of my stupidity she was hit by car. So in my case George Carlin was right about pets and tragedy especially when they have moron owners like I was then.

Rich, I see you've just passed 10K posts recently. I don't think you've done any bragging about that. Gee, you're no fun.

The mere fact of racking up a huge number of posts is nothing to brag about. For Exhibit A, I only have to look in the mirror.

• Like 1