Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

too much rubbish on here

Big_Bopper

Hi Bopper--

Nice to see you posting again. I don't think others will agree with you. As I just told lavender in another thread, there is room for all of us here to discuss the topics related to TCM and Classic Hollywood that are most relevant to us. I know you may be frustrated, but I honestly do not see how a thread of this type can be helpful. Please rethink your approach, and know that I am wishing you best regards.

we don't need a moderator.  we need a janitor.  people are posting garbage.  crosby / sinatra etc. tcm remembers / bored experience / its toxic waste pollution.

How do you feel about "On TCM-December 2014" or "Classic Movie Star Recipes?"

And of course the OP doesn't give his idea of threads worthy of this site.

Its easy to complain. But, to put your neck out there and give your own opinion, that takes a little something more.

okay, please move TB's recipe thread to "Off-Topics"

it's just another vanity blog  with such a negative response that's bringing down the tone of the whole GD forum.

it's just another vanity blog  with such a negative response that's bringing down the tone of the whole GD forum.

We can't. It's the moderator's thread, and although some would see that as a conflict of interest, others wouldn't.

So, the Stah's scintillating recipe thread stays.

Um, 'kay? 'kay.

How do you feel about "On TCM-December 2014" or "Classic Movie Star Recipes?"

I feel that the latter is grossly inappropriate as there is recipe thread in: Off-Topic Chit Chat which includes recipes from and by movie stars. It is in this way that the thread in: General Discussions is duplicate and on inappropriate board.

• Like 2

Oh! Please! No! Do not place any content from that poster in that board! It is a happy little place with none of his ilk. Please do not spoil it!

It would be duplicate thread there also as there is very old and long thread concerning recipes.  

And the best way to solve this is to create interesting, thought provoking threads that would push the "rubbish" to the second page.

But, as I have noted on most message boards, the drama filled threads are the  busiest. 

Posters always get the threads they deserve.

Oh! Please! No! Do not place any content from that poster in that board! It is a happy little place with none of his ilk. Please do not spoil it!

It would be duplicate thread there also as there is very old and long thread concerning recipes.  

Yea,  moving that thread would be a recipe for disaster.     (sorry,  I just couldn't help it!). 

• Like 1

sorry, Sans :(

also found this one under Favorites: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/37458-tcm-family-recipes/?hl=recipes

(sorry,  I just couldn't help it!). 

Did you try? Did you truly try to resist?

Yeah James! I'm shocked, SHOCKED(how was THAT for a Rains impression, huh?!) that you constantly seem to fail in this whole "resistance" thing lately!!!

(...and why can't you be more like me?!..."Restraint" being my middle name, of course...well, okay, it's really "Earl", but that wouldn't make my point here, now would it!) 

Eeh! We don't need no "janitor" EITHER!!!

Now HERE'S what we NEED around here...

The-Hook.jpg

(...you know...for all these "would-be comedians" around here lately...yep, all the other "toxic waste" threads, INCLUDING those "dumb" ones like that "Crosby vs Sinatra" thread will soon fall by the wayside by their own volition anyway, ya know...well, unless of course somebody moves 'em somewhere else...but that's a whole other issue, ain't it!) 

Eeh! We don't need no "janitor" EITHER!!!

Now HERE'S what we NEED around here...

(...you know...for all these "would-be comedians" around here lately...yep, all the other "toxic waste" threads, INCLUDING those "dumb" ones like that "Crosby vs Sinatra" thread will soon fall by the wayside by their own volition anyway, ya know...well, unless of course somebody moves 'em somewhere else...but that's a whole other issue, ain't it!) 

toon320.gif

The moderator will need a landfill.

I'm not interested enough here to bother trying to reform it.  Anyway I would need a dozen sockpuppets.  Which I don't use.  At least my posts are about movies like FURCHT & BLUEBEARD.  These two movies will provide more insight and enlightenment of the human condition than you can get from all mgm tripe. 

BUY FURCHT ..............................BUY BLUEBEARD .............................

Then turn off your computer & watch them.  Then watch them again. 

You people are the lost tribe of israel.  you can stay lost.  nobody's trying to find you.  

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings