Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

anyone else notice the similarities between IT HAPPENED ON 5TH AVENUE and THE DEVIL IN MISS JONES?

infinite1

Sorry about that first post.

While watching IT HAPPENED ON 5TH AVENUE, I was struck by the similarities between this film and the earlier film THE DEVIL AND MISS JONES. Both had a rich old man who was the head of a large business concern pretending to be one of the guys and learning how to be human. Both had a young attractive gal who was on the side of the old rich guy, one by relation who was in on the gag, the other who could see the goodness in the old guy's heart, and both gals had boy friends who passed out when they learned the truth about the charade. There are others as well. Can you see them?

Was there any connection between the two films? Has anyone else ever noticed this that you are ware of? And where does "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" end and plagiarism begin? Not saying that it was intentional, I guess more then one person can come up with the same good ideas, but it does strike me as more then a coincidence that so many plot points can be duplicated from one film to another. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings