Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just realized what today is!

jakeem

It's December 13, 2014, which makes it 12-13-14! And there won't be another one for 100 years. Let's hope it's a memorable day!

Cool, I still remember where I was (Canal Jeans, NYC) when I heard on the radio blaring overhead that it was 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11, or something to that effect, taking into account the time in hours, minutes, seconds, and the calender in day, month, and year.

So cool.

Phew. They said it wouldn't happen again until long after I was dead. So obviously, I don't care.

Phew. They said it wouldn't happen again until long after I was dead. So obviously, I don't care.

Well, hang in there primos, 'cause on January 2nd in the year 2034, we'll kind'a have the same sort'a thing again.

And while I'm not sure how old you are now, I know I'll "only" be 81 years old on that day and so I'm hopin' to still be around by then.

(...and of course still tweakin' everyone's noses as I do now days!!!) LOL

;)

I can only picture one of the characters from the POGO comic strip running around in panic, yelling, "Friday the 13th came on a SATURDAY this month!"

But, it IS surprising that the RETAIL world didn't try to make it some sort of special SHOPPING day!

"You won't see BARGAINS like THIS for another HUNDRED YEARS!"

Sepiatone

What happens at 3 pm (1500 military time)  16 minutes and 17 seconds? 

You haven't heard, Mr.R?!

Well, in just a few hours and at that exact time today, all the militaries in all the world will lay down their weapons, 'cause we'll have world peace!

(...I know...long time in comin', wasn't it!) ;) 

Well, hang in there primos, 'cause on January 2nd in the year 2034, we'll kind'a have the same sort'a thing again.

And while I'm not sure how old you are now, I know I'll "only" be 81 years old on that day and so I'm hopin' to still be around by then.

(...and of course still tweakin' everyone's noses as I do now days!!!) LOL

;)

Cool. I'll be 84 and dog willing, can still go back to Canal Jeans. I'll be the oldest coot there, no doubt.

Well, in just a few hours and at that exact time today, all the militaries in all the world will lay down their weapons, 'cause we'll have world peace!

So you're bringing up Ron Artest? Has he gone up into the stands recently to mess up the face of some heckler?

• Like 1

Cool. I'll be 84 and dog willing, can still go back to Canal Jeans. I'll be the oldest coot there, no doubt.

Hmmmm....I always thought the word "coot" was gender specific to males.

(...but then again maybe I'm not up on the latest and most politically correct use of certain words, eh?!...and of course knowing as we do how the political winds can often change at a moment's notice, maybe by 2034 that word WILL return to being applied solely to old f-arts like me again, huh!) ;)

You must have been listening to "Dream Weaver" or "Dreamin'" or "I Like Dreaming" when you posted that!

One of the more interesting shows History Channel had was about the Christmas Truce of 1915.  Soldiers on both sides of the conflict in WW1 didn't think it right to be wounding or killing their counterparts, so they brokered an agreement to lay off the bullets and partake in some "shots" to celebrate the holidays.  It may have continued, but the higher-ups in the military would have none of it since their reputations were on the line.

You must have been listening to "Dream Weaver" or "Dreamin'" or "I Like Dreaming" when you posted that!

One of the more interesting shows History Channel had was about the Christmas Truce of 1915.  Soldiers on both sides of the conflict in WW1 didn't think it right to be wounding or killing their counterparts, so they brokered an agreement to lay off the bullets and partake in some "shots" to celebrate the holidays.  It may have continued, but the higher-ups in the military would have none of it since their reputations were on the line.

Since I'm the big disco man around here,............or, "Dreaming a Dream", by the Crown Heights Affair.

So you're bringing up Ron Artest? Has he gone up into the stands recently to mess up the face of some heckler?

HEY! Could be WORSE  ya know, DGF! 

(...at least, as far as I know, the guy messes up the faces of idiots in the stands who throw drinks on him and who DESERVE it, and NOT like some of these NFL players today who mess-up the face of "their women", RIGHT?!)  

Was Paul McCartney in it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ErrZ-ipoE

Actually midwesty, I always preferred Gary Wright's other big hit, "Love Is Alive" over "Dream Weaver"...especially with the bass cranked up on high...to "11". ;)

And, re the WWI thing there...for years I thought the following lyrics in Neil Young's "After the Goldrush"...

"I was lying in a burned out basement 

with the full moon in my eyes 

I was hoping for replacement 

When the sun burst thru the sky 

There was a band playing in my head 

and I felt like getting high 

...was about this very thing.

(...turns out I was wrong)

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings