Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On TCM -- January 2015

TopBilled

Since I will be creating threads for upcoming months' schedules, and since I have schedule information from years/months past that people have been requesting-- I am wondering if maybe we could please have a new separate sub-forum in the TCM Programs area for this. Call it Schedules or Scheduling Info. Just a thought...

Thanks for your consideration and bless you always!

• 3 weeks later...

Maltese Falcon, on today, Jan. 2015. Still confusing.

Finally got an answer to the question I had from Dark Passage. Noted that when they showed Bogey's hands, don't remember the scene, it struck me that they weren't Bogey's hands, thought his were more refined and slender.

Sure enough, today Bogey is handling Cairo's passport, and Bogey's hands are exactly as I thought. And I was able to verify, since they showed them attached to his sleeves.

Don't think I'll ever follow this version. Not sure why, but the Ricardo Cortez version was easier to keep up with.

Did not realize Huston wrote the screenplay as well as directing it. Impressive, some guys can actually write.

Oh, and Lee Patrick is excellent.

No matter, this version is one of those that is watchable, over and over and over and over...............did it win an Oscar? Bet not, or it coulda been a contender (now there's a picture I didn't like) for my Top Ten.

Was the dead guy John Huston? How the heck did he connect the Falcon to Spade? Good grief. The Big Sleep was easier to follow than this.

Maltese Falcon, on today, Jan. 2015. Still confusing.

Finally got an answer to the question I had from Dark Passage. Noted that when they showed Bogey's hands, don't remember the scene, it struck me that they weren't Bogey's hands, thought his were more refined and slender.

Sure enough, today Bogey is handling Cairo's passport, and Bogey's hands are exactly as I thought. And I was able to verify, since they showed them attached to his sleeves.

Don't think I'll ever follow this version. Not sure why, but the Ricardo Cortez version was easier to keep up with.

Did not realize Huston wrote the screenplay as well as directing it. Impressive, some guys can actually write.

Oh, and Lee Patrick is excellent.

No matter, this version is one of those that is watchable, over and over and over and over...............did it win an Oscar? Bet not, or it coulda been a contender (now there's a picture I didn't like) for my Top Ten.

Was the dead guy John Huston? How the heck did he connect the Falcon to Spade? Good grief. The Big Sleep was easier to follow than this.

Still clear as mud. Enjoyable as all get out, but clear as mud.

Oh, and Bebe Daniels swept the floor with Mary Astor. Cortez was sexier than Bogey, but Bogey was.........hell, he was Bogey.

Still clear as mud. Enjoyable as all get out, but clear as mud.

Oh, and Bebe Daniels swept the floor with Mary Astor. Cortez was sexier than Bogey, but Bogey was.........hell, he was Bogey.

And some dope paid $3.5M for that prop? Wow.

YES! Thanks, Ben. That was WALTER Huston as the bullet riddled ship's Captain. Cool. Never noticed him before.

So, am I the only one who watched it? Come on, it's January and it's 2015, and the ex-writer wants us to talk about TCM in January 2015!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :P  :D  :lol:

But nope, still clear as mud.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings