Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for movie title

Smiles7392

I am looking for movie based around World War II it starts off with two little boys and a girl sitting underneath the tree and the boys like the girl and then it goes to the when they're older in the both the boys go off toward one comes home injured but doesn't tell the girl she is then gets engaged to the other guy.

I know the movie you're talking about.  The title and actors remain maddeningly out of reach.  Only it takes place around World War I, and is based in England.  It's a story of noble self-sacrifice, with the man who really deserves the girl idiotically renounces her in favor of his childhood best friend because he doesn't want her to marry him out of pity for his wounds--I think he's blind.  I remember the final reconciliation scene between him and her takes place in the drawing room, or parlor of his home.  She comes there for some reason, perhaps  because the healthy friend, in line to marry the girl, learns of the condition of the other guy, and in an excess of noble self-sacrifice, sends her there.  Some will be tempted to suggest Today We Live (showing Jan. 22), but that isn't the one you remember, I think.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings