Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gummo: 1997 film by Harmony Korine

Swithin

No, not the Marx brother but the 1997 movie Gummo by Harmony Korine. Surely it has been discussed here? In any case, I haven't seen it in ages but have been thinking 'bout it recently. Came across this interesting review/take on the film:

Werner Herzog's comment on Gummo:

In the scene where Solomon's eating spagetti in the bath, there's a piece of bacon taped to the wall behind him. Says Werner Herzog: "When I saw a piece of fried bacon fixed to the bathroom wall in Gummo, it knocked me off my chair.  Harmony Korine is a very clear voice of a generation of filmmakers that is taking a new position. It's not going to dominate world cinema, but so what?"

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

And l love my little guinea, and my guinea loves me.

I'm gonna cherish my guinea ‘neath the green bay tree.

My little guin' goes potarak.

Little duck goes quack quack.

Little pig goes mmm mmm.

Llittle hen goes cluck cluck.

Little rooster goes c-o-c-k-a-doodle-doo

Doodle-doo doodle-doo.

At one point I think that Chloë Sevigny and Harmony Korine were a romantic couple in real life.

Chloe was also in my favorite Whit Stillman film. I love his films -- TCM showed two of them recently, but not my fave -- The Last Days of Disco. Btw, I was thinking of putting this clip from Gummo up in the Off-Topic "Cats" thread, but that would be too too wicked of me (so I won't):

• 7 years later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings