Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poseidon funny memory

Sepiatone

Yeah, I ran across it last night.  Saw it I don't know how many times...

But I remember when seeing it at the movie theater, some people came up with some pretty funny HECKLES....

"I'll bet Grandpa Joe wishes he'd stayed in bed!"

"Maybe Shelly Winters can fling them all to safety through her BLOWHOLE!"

"Hey, McHale!  Shoulda taken your PT BOAT!"

"Oh, SURE...Give Stella the ONLY dress shirt that DOESN'T get transparent when WET!"

All kidding aside, it was a big deal movie when it came out.  But I wondered, while watching it last night.....was it ARTUR O'CONNELL'S last movie? or not....

And whatever happened to Pamela Sue Martin, as many predicted BIG THINGS for her after this movie was a hit!

Sepiatone

Wasn't Pamela on the Nancy Drew mysteries in the late 70s then I think she was the first Fallon on Dynasty? Don't know what happened after that though.

Yes,  Pamela was in those T.V. shows.    I really liked her when I was a teen,  but hey this is before I knew about Ava, Rita, etc...

Wasn't Pamela on the Nancy Drew mysteries in the late 70s then I think she was the first Fallon on Dynasty? Don't know what happened after that though.

Playboy happened, to some extent.  In 1978, she posed for Playboy and I think that may have affected her career somewhat-or not.  This was apparently during the Nancy Drew series.  However, she was ready to leave anyway as they were showing fewer Nancy Drews and combining her shows with the Hardy Boys shows.  This was to capitalize on the sudden "fame" of Shaun Cassidy for his singing "abiity."  Apparently a lot of teeny boppers were buying his records.  Made "Bubble Gum" music sound good by comparison.

I always liked her.  She was very good in the Nancy Drew TV series. Far, far, far better than the wooden Parker Stevenson and the really terrible Shaun Cassidy in the Hardy Boys component.

One of the local over the air sations was showing the ND/HB series a few years ago and I would watch the ND ones.  They were much more interesting and focused on presenting a mystery as opposed to showcasing a couple of boys.  I also think Martin was actually a much better actress.  The series is on DVD, but you have to get both ND and HB.

Apparently about '85 she left Dynasty and pretty much disappeared from movies and cinema per Wikipedia.

Not necessarily a "funny" memory of this film here Sepia, but whenever I think of this film it conjures up a memory I have of going to the newly opened Queen Mary attraction in Long Beach CA just a few days before going to the movie theater to watch this movie, and thus perhaps at least gaining a little more appreciation for the "scope" of the film because much of it actually having had been filmed on board that particular vessel.

Well, something I thought WAS funny, but not really an old memory.....

But when we were watching it, my wife made a comment about how at THIS point in the month, TCM should be showing more Christmas fare.

I pointed out that, well,,,,there WAS a CHRISTMAS tree of sorts in there, WASN'T there?

I said, "I guess that meant it WAS sort of a Christmas movie to someone working at TCM!"

Sepiatone

Yeah, I ran across it last night.  Saw it I don't know how many times...

But I remember when seeing it at the movie theater, some people came up with some pretty funny HECKLES....

"I'll bet Grandpa Joe wishes he'd stayed in bed!"

"Maybe Shelly Winters can fling them all to safety through her BLOWHOLE!"

"Hey, McHale!  Shoulda taken your PT BOAT!"

"Oh, SURE...Give Stella the ONLY dress shirt that DOESN'T get transparent when WET!"

All kidding aside, it was a big deal movie when it came out.  But I wondered, while watching it last night.....was it ARTUR O'CONNELL'S last movie? or not....

And whatever happened to Pamela Sue Martin, as many predicted BIG THINGS for her after this movie was a hit!

Sepiatone

Shelley Winters "Poseidon" action figure. Funnier, the fine print at the bottom says Warning Choking Hazard.

Shelly.jpg

• Like 1

That IS funny, Ham.

I didn't know they MADE any "action figures" from that movie.

Now I'm left wondering....HOW many DAD's went searching all the stores for the STELLA STEVENS figure? ;)

Sepiatone

I got three dolls and since I'm a fan of Bride of Frankenstein built my own doll;   I used the head of Carol Lynley, the body of Stella Stevens and the legs of Pamela Sue Martin.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings