Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should be in Now Playing

ElCid

Just discovered this sub-forum.  Great fan of the Traveltalks series, the Robert Benchleys and some of the others.

While I can go on TCM and puruse the schedule to find the shorts, I really don't like having to do that.

Why can't they list the shorts in Now Playing?  They provide the list days in advance to the carriers as they list them in their information systems?

Actually why can't they run Traveltalks in blocks of a couple of hours periodically, Saturday mornings for example?

Just discovered this sub-forum.  Great fan of the Traveltalks series, the Robert Benchleys and some of the others.

While I can go on TCM and puruse the schedule to find the shorts, I really don't like having to do that.

Why can't they list the shorts in Now Playing?  They provide the list days in advance to the carriers as they list them in their information systems?

Actually why can't they run Traveltalks in blocks of a couple of hours periodically, Saturday mornings for example?

I assume you're not really asking 'why can't they' since of course they can,  but instead you're making a 'I wish they would' statement.

As I pointed out in the other thread about 'shorts',  these are used to fill time so that movies can start closer to the hour or half-hour.   With that purpose in mind it wouldn't make sense to use these shorts as standard type programming. 

• 5 months later...

It would be nice to know when certain shorts are scheduled so that they could be captured as part of a movie being recorded. There are some that I have seen only from the middle and would like to view the whole thing. (I.e., there was one about Robert Young that I've only seen part of and would like to see it in full.)

It would be nice to know when certain shorts are scheduled so that they could be captured as part of a movie being recorded. There are some that I have seen only from the middle and would like to view the whole thing. (I.e., there was one about Robert Young that I've only seen part of and would like to see it in full.)

I agree. Most of the ones I manage to see are ones I 'accidentally' get, because they air right after the feature films I record.

Welcome to the TCM message boards, missrhea!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived