Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Virna Lisi, 1936-2014

Fedya

To TCM viewers, Virna Lisi might be best remembered for playing Jack Lemmon's wife in How to Murder Your Wife, or one of the other half-dozen or so Hollywood movies she made in the 1960s. She apparently had a fairly long career in her native Italy.

There's an obituary in Italian for those who can read Italian; or one in German; I couldn't find an English-language obituary yet.

Here's an obit from Yahoo.com. She certainly was one of the most unforgettable European bombshells to appear in American movies.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/italian-actress-virna-lisi-dead-78-120604744.html#gTyzs50

Wow. For some reason, I remember seeing The Birds, The Bees, and The Italians, a million years ago.

The only thing I remember is that my father put Virna Lisi in the same category as Pola Negri and Vilma Banky.

To TCM viewers, Virna Lisi might be best remembered for playing Jack Lemmon's wife in How to Murder Your Wife, or one of the other half-dozen or so Hollywood movies she made in the 1960s. She apparently had a fairly long career in her native Italy.

There's an obituary in Italian for those who can read Italian; or one in German; I couldn't find an English-language obituary yet.

I thought Virna Lisi was one of the most beautiful actresses of the 1960's. In HOW TO MURDER YOUR WIFE, she very funny and magnificent looking. Wish she had made a few more American films.

RIP Virna Lisi

• Like 1

Virna Lisi also plays the good girl in Joseph Losey's Eva, with Stanley Baker as the tormented guy who chooses Jeanne Moreau instead. I don't think TCM has ever shown this. It's an exercise in baroque style which not everyone will like, but the three stars are all very good.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings