Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

North Korea Wins

Hibi

Surprised no one started a thread on the cancellation of The Interview. I bet Sony dumps it into OnDemand or DVDs and it never gets shown in theaters. I'm outraged. I was all set to see it just on principle. I dont like terrorists telling me what I can or cant see. Very bad precedent IMO...

Wonder if this will be poofed due to hacking concerns? (LOL)...

• Like 1

Actually Hibi, Mac_the_Nice had already broached the subject of this current event last night in the "Films and Filmmakers" forum here:

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/51543-sonys-the-interview/

(...and in which I've already given my "two cents" about it...and including my usual M.O. of adding a little "metaphorical segue"...in this case about some people's lack of using good judgement when it comes to wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle) 

Surprised no one started a thread on the cancellation of The Interview. I bet Sony dumps it into OnDemand or DVDs and it never gets shown in theaters. I'm outraged. I was all set to see it just on principle. I dont like terrorists telling me what I can or cant see. Very bad precedent IMO...

Wonder if this will be poofed due to hacking concerns? (LOL)...

A North Korean-based thriller with Steve Carell was also canceled.

Here's one theater owner's answer:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/texas-theater-to-show-team-america-in-place-of-105491244997.html

Actually Hibi, Mac_the_Nice had already broached the subject of this current event last night in the "Films and Filmmakers" forum here:

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/51543-sonys-the-interview/

(...and in which I've already given my "two cents" about it...and including my usual M.O. of adding a little "metaphorical segue"...in this case about some people's lack of using good judgement when it comes to wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle) 

Sorry, I didnt see it there, but I doubt many others did either...

Sorry, I didnt see it there, but I doubt many others did either...

If one uses the 'view new content' feature one see all 'new' threads.   So I saw Dargo's thread since I always use the 'view new content' feature.

Yes,  folks, I know I keep bringing this feature up,  but I have yet to see anyone explain why they do NOT use this feature.   e.g. what do they dislike about the feature that causes them to NOT use it?

OR,  are old habits just hard to change????

They should have picked Cuba to make the movie about, they only have one hacker and he is still using windows 95.

LOL

Yeah, great point, MM!!!

(...AND that the hacker probably transports himself and all his or hers friends and family around that little island in a 1951 Chevrolet!!!) 

If one uses the 'view new content' feature one see all 'new' threads.   So I saw Dargo's thread since I always use the 'view new content' feature.

Yes,  folks, I know I keep bringing this feature up,  but I have yet to see anyone explain why they do NOT use this feature.   e.g. what do they dislike about the feature that causes them to NOT use it?

Well, it wasn't "Dargo's thread", but actually Mac_the_Nice's thread James, but I still think your point is well taken here.

(...and especially because at the rate I've been postin' around here lately, THIS would probably mean "my audience" would grow to even BIGGER heights around here!!! LOL...well, at least for those who haven't placed me on their ignore function yet, anyway, and like someone who I THINK now has me on THEIRS since I've evidently hurt her feelings yet again somehow recently!!!) LOL

;)

a. because we don't need no stinkin' sub-forums;

b. because we don't have to, this isn't Catholic grade school;

c. God bless America.

a. because we don't need no stinkin' sub-forums;

b. because we don't have to, this isn't Catholic grade school;

c. God bless America.

So your POV is that ALL threads should be under General Discussion.   

But even if all threads were in ONE forum (instead of sub-forums),  the 'view new content' feature would still be useful.

So I still don't see why anyone wouldn't wish to use the feature.   You're right about one thing; This is America and one can do things the difficult way if they wish!  

So your POV is that ALL threads should be under General Discussion.   

But even if all threads were in ONE forum (instead of sub-forums),  the 'view new content' feature would still be useful.

So I still don't see why anyone wouldn't wish to use the feature.   You're right about one thing; This is America and one can do things the difficult way if they wish!  

Thanks.

real classic cars for sale in cuba, a new market! :lol:

LOL

Yeah! But have you SEEN those old Chevys down there, ND?!

(...I mean I don't know about YOU, but if I WERE lookin' for a classic car, and even THOUGH of course there's probably not an ounce of rust on 'em anywhere due to the effects of the cars that must traverse the snowy and salt-l aden roads of many parts of THIS country, I sure AIN'T gonna be lookin' for one that's been held together by chewing gum and chicken wire since Castro was young enough to play shortstop in a decent enough manner to turn a double-play efficiently!!!!)

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings