Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What exactly is the Classic Film Union...

cigarjoe

We're in the same boat, Joe. The CFU is in a sort of Twilight Zone between a message board and a blog, having many negative qualities of both, and (almost) none of the good. And.. the good qualities have and, evidently, always will be plagued by bugs. Have been since day-one.

However.. the current version does seem to work marginally better than it's predecessor.

We're in the same boat, Joe. The CFU is in a sort of Twilight Zone between a message board and a blog, having many negative qualities of both, and (almost) none of the good. And.. the good qualities have and, evidently, always will be plagued by bugs. Have been since day-one.

Well, what the heck did you except, Kid?!

(...unions have been on the decline for decades now, dude!) ;)

However.. the current version does seem to work marginally better than it's predecessor.

Good explaination of the CFU.    I used to go there at least once per day to check out and comment on the blogs,  but because of the 'system issues',  I only go there once a week,  if not less.     The blog feature worked OK and I found many of them very intresting and I learned a lot,   but having a discussion in that forum was painful.    Much better to have discussions on this message board.  

Note I have tried to get some of the people I really like at CFU to join us at the message board,  BUT,  because of some of the immature fights at this site,  they don't wish to participate.     Since it is difficult in the CFU to have a discussion it is also difficult to have a petty battle between users there as well.    One could say that is a plus of the CFU!!!

To me they should just join the two;   Keep the blog feature but discussions related to a blog would be done using the message board functions we have here.

I think it is supposed to be a social networking site, except unlike facebook, instagram, etc. the users share about their love of films (and related topics) instead of their love of themselves.  There is a profile feature, the ability to have "friends," create groups about a specific topic, join said groups, and write blogs. 

The problem with it in my opinion is that it hasn't been designed properly for the website to flow and work properly.  The profile feature is constrained by character limits.  There is no ability to personalize and really give a good idea of "you" to others on the site.  I also hate the fact that the formatting on the blogs and message boards within the groups don't allow for proper formatting.  Instead of being able to make paragraphs to ease the reading of long statements, everything is one big block.  You also cannot edit after posting, which I find irritating. 

I dislike how all the sections are displayed with large thumbnails instead of allowing a user to toggle between a list format or the thumbnails.  It is also difficult to find blogs and groups about a specific topic. 

There are many issues with the CFU site.  The concept is good and I would participate, however, the way the site is laid out right now, it just doesn't work for me.  I find the message boards preferable.

• Like 1

I know:

Let's tell all the blowhards on the message board that the TCM staff & celebrities regularly read the CFU looking for screenwriters & journalists to assist with the TV station and it's productions. Maybe they'd gather over there for their vanity posts?

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings