Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mandy Rice-Davies 1944-2014

Swithin

Mandy Rice-Davies, who as a young woman (along with Christine Keeler) was at the center of the Profumo scandal in the UK in 1963, has died aged 70. She became an actress and appeared on television and in a few movies. She was played by Bridget Fonda in the 1989 movie Scandal and was also depicted in Andrew Lloyd Webber's most recent musical Stephen Ward, which was about the Profumo scandal.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30547066

Why does it say 1970?

She did a guest spot on AB FAB if I remember right.....

Sorry -- I had her age of 70 in my mind when I posted the thread title. Fixed it. She did indeed do a guest spot on Ab Fab.

Here she is singing "All I Do Is Dream..."

When I saw this thread listed I thought:  How strange this seems to be one scandal that's been largely forgotten.  It led to a near government shutdown and suicides.  This was bigger that the Clinton-Lewinsky affair here in the 90's

I guess I was wrong!  I never did see the movie, Scandal, but will if possible.  I remember when Mandy was present at some high-toned British social function and people seated at her table got ticked when they found out she was there but she seems to have turned it to her advantage at least a bit. RIP!       

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings