Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM in the Caribbean is Awful!

starstricken

I just returned from the Caribbean and was very disappointed with a product carried by the local cable network under the TCM name and logo.  Even though I was located in an English speaking nation/island, the product was in the Spanish language, but that wasn't even the real problem.  Every few minutes, it broke not for third party commercials but for annoying, sensationalized advertisements of TCM's own coming attractions.  Most of the featured films were of a much more inferior quality than I am accustomed to watching on TCM in the USA and many of them contained excessive violence.  There were very few films that pre-dated the 1970's, which by itself was unfortunate.  There were actually more re-runs of old television shows, not even among my favorites, than full length films.  Why would TCM place its name and logo on such a terrible product under any circumstances?  No TCM network at all would have been preferable to this one.  I would be interested in the experiences of other TCM fans in this region of the world.

Yeah, but on the UPSIDE to all this is that on TCM-Nicaragua they show nothin' BUT baseball games, AND which has been found to have been THE very reason so many great MLB players hail from that region of Latin America!!!

Yep, or as Chico Escuela here might say:

GarrettMorrisG1_zps19b35149.jpg

"TCM been bery bery good to me!"

As I've always said when people complain about TCM in this country, or Canada for that matter, "YOU JUST DON"T KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU HAVE IT. In most other parts of the world TCM is nothing like we have here.

Yep, and which was the same overall sentiment expressed recently within another thread(and which I think Swithin, our resident frequent-flyer to Jolly Ole Blighty, started) about how different the TCM programming is in the U.K., and how it apparently also goes far astray from our perception of the programming TCM should present.

Yep, and which was the same overall sentiment expressed recently within another thread(and which I think Swithin, our resident frequent-flyer to Jolly Ole Blighty, started) about how different the TCM programming is in the U.K., and how it apparently also goes far astray from our perception of the programming TCM should present.

http://www.tcmuk.tv/

That's the link to the uk version. Does this Caribbean nation have a name btw?

What was really sad was my friend in the UK was about to get this channel. I told her all this good stuff about it until I saw what she was getting . TCM here even shows better UK flims that theirs does.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings