Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ALERT! It's A Wonderful Life

lavenderblue19

I'm really spoiled. Friday night, I went on an hour "road trip" with movie friends to see an absolutely georgeous 35mm print of IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE at the Capitol Theater in Rome New York. That's the best way to see it. Not only without commercials but surrounded by a couple of hundred other folks who appreciate the film and also wanted to see it on the big screen. Interestingly, unlike seeing any recent film at a multiplex, I didn't notice a single person yapping on their cell phone during the movie.

Now that  Comcast is sharing the film between NBC and USA, that probably means they've renegotiated NBC's exclusive contract and we'll never see TCM get a shot at getting it.

I'm really spoiled. Friday night, I went on an hour "road trip" with movie friends to see an absolutely georgeous 35mm print of IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE at the Capitol Theater in Rome New York. That's the best way to see it. Not only without commercials but surrounded by a couple of hundred other folks who appreciate the film and also wanted to see it on the big screen. Interestingly, unlike seeing any recent film at a multiplex, I didn't notice a single person yapping on their cell phone during the movie.

Now that  Comcast is sharing the film between NBC and USA, that probably means they've renegotiated NBC's exclusive contract and we'll never see TCM get a shot at getting it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3f5_1388007026

As a matter of fact, yes. Or rather, they're both owned by Comcast.

Hilarious----The comic strip "Pearls Before Swine" dealt with one of it's characters trying to cancel his cable service.

The NAME of the cable service?

The cartoonist called it "BOMBAST CABLE SERVICE"

Sepiatone

Hilarious----The comic strip "Pearls Before Swine" dealt with one of it's characters trying to cancel his cable service.

The NAME of the cable service?

The cartoonist called it "BOMBAST CABLE SERVICE"

Sepiatone

Tina Fey's "30 Rock" did a number on Comcast, too, when "Kabletown" bought General Electric and NBC.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings