Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Variable quality of video transfers/prints shown on TCM

AndrewSchone

TCM is making progress toward presenting films in high definition, recent vintage video transfers.  But it has quite a ways to go.  It's frustating when films that are on DVD and/or Blu-Ray in good to outstanding shape, are shown on TCM in very inferior quality.  This includes films owned by Warner Brothers, where TCM should have access to the latest, best transfers.

For example in it's tribute to films of Charles Walters last night, prime time, High Society was shown in a wonderful version, high definition, great image and sound quality, and with stereo sound (something that it did not have upon release or in former video transfers).  Then "The Glass Sipper" was shown in a terrible, grainy print, something that looked like a poor quality VHS tape (at least it was shown in widescreen; previously TCM has shown this in an equally poor pan and scan version).  "The Glass Slipper" is out on Warner Achive DVD and I'd imagine they can't be offering the same poor quality version that TCM showed.  Even though I wanted to view the film on TCM, I turned it off in frustration.

TCM please remedy this issue. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings