Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

10 Movies that Hollywood Won't Let You See

I think the title of this thread is a misnomer.  I don't think Hollywood CARES if we see these or not.  But, the FILM MAKERS sure seem to wish them GONE!  And since more than one of THEM are more or less INDEPENDANT film makers, don't go blaming HOLLYWOOD for them being unavailable.

And besides, to ME, at least, NONE of them sound the least bit interesting.

Sepiatone

With all the news recently about 'The Interview' being yanked, and our much discussed thread regarding 'Song of the South' behind us, I thought this article might be of interest.

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/news/10-movies-that-hollywood-won-t-let-you-see-215324034.html

Allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to Hollywood for taking the trouble to eliminate the possibility of my seeing any of the movies on this list even by chance.

Allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to Hollywood for taking the trouble to eliminate the possibility of my seeing any of the movies on this list even by chance.

You really wouldn't watch 'The Day the Clown Cried' if it were to receive a showing on TCM??

I find that difficult to believe.

With all the news recently about 'The Interview' being yanked, and our much discussed thread regarding 'Song of the South' behind us, I thought this article might be of interest.

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/news/10-movies-that-hollywood-won-t-let-you-see-215324034.html

All I get from that link is a blank page with a Yahoo movies logo at the top.  Any way you could copy and paste the list?

You really wouldn't watch 'The Day the Clown Cried' if it were to receive a showing on TCM??

I know, dark. I was kind'a thinkin' the same thing yesterday when I read slayton's post. And just alone for the "train wreck" aspect of Lewis' aborted effort, right?!

(...and to see perhaps the contrasts in how Roberto Benigni would take a similar story premise and make it palatable for the movie going audiences decades later)

All I get from that link is a blank page with a Yahoo movies logo at the top.  Any way you could copy and paste the list?

Have you tried refreshing the page if it's blank? Works sometimes.

Anyway, the films are:

The Day the Clown Cried  (1972)

Skatetown, U.S.A.  (1979)

C***sucker Blues  (1972)

Song of the South  (1946)

Don's Plum  (2001)

Frat House  (1998)

The Fantastic Four  (1994) - Roger Corman Production

The Brave  (1997)

Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story  (1987)

Nothing Lasts Forever  (1984)

Wait a minute. Do you mean I will likely not be able to see

Superstar:The Karen Carpenter Story? What a mega bummer

and espeically at this time of the year. I'm really ****. But

I don't think this has anything to do with Hollywood. According

to Wiki, Richard Carpenter didn't like the short film and the

director had not cleared the music rights. Carpenter sued

to keep it from being shown. Thanks a lot, Dick. I mean it

man.

Yep Vautrin, according to some sources, Richard was actually more upset with the idea of the film presenting their mother as a cold fish incapable of expressing her love to to them, and thus being a major cause of Karen's lack of self-esteem and her push toward Anorexia.

(...in other words, the idea that Richard didn't want the family's "dirty laundry" shown in public)

Anyway, the films are:

Well Hollywood isn't doing a good job because one of those movies will be airing on TCM on Sunday January 4 2015 as part of the TCM Underground!

2:00 AM
C- 82 min
comedy

A displaced artist falls in with a group of social outcasts who actually rule the world.

DirTom Schiller CastZach Galligan , Apollonia van Ravenstein , Lauren Tom .

Yep. I wonder if he would still have been able to basically put the

film out of circulation if the music rights had also not been cleared,

or was that a secondary matter. Not a lawyer, just curious if he could

have blocked it only on the grounds that he felt it insulted his family.

As it only ran 43 minutes, it wouldn't have had a regular theatrical

showing anyway.

Well as it turns out, Superstar can be seen on a certain subsidiary of

Google, one which I'm sure everyone is familair with. Let the fun

begin. :)

I'm not a Carpenters fan, but out of curiosity I watched the film last night. I was surprised at how well the voice actors did, how effective the Barbie and Ken dolls worked, and how well the music of the times -- not just the Carpenters' music -- was woven into the story, and how well it all came together. It's certainly not a polished film by Hollywood standards, but for what it was, it was pretty good.

I had no idea that they lived at their parents' house for as long as they did.

Happily, I am free of self-destructive impulses.

However, the paranoid among the posters will find material in the article for conspiracy theorizing.

(...in other words, the idea that Richard didn't want the family's "dirty laundry" shown in public)

And what's wrong with that?

just curious if he could have blocked it only on the grounds that he felt it insulted his family.

No, only money can stop things.

Happily, I am free of self-destructive impulses.

However, the paranoid among the posters will find material in the article for conspiracy theorizing.

Yep, but then again there are and will always be people inclined toward a "paranoid" mindset and who will see a "conspiracy" where none exists.

And what's wrong with that? 

Because whenever the history of events is written by those with either an ax to grind OR who might wish to 'sugar-coat" it, and with less circumspection, then said history is seldom written as it actually happened.

No, only money can stop things.

Yep, and usually by means of a monetary transfer of funds into the bank account of a lawyer as a retainer for their services.

;)

Anyway, the films are:

The Day the Clown Cried  (1972)

Skatetown, U.S.A.  (1979)

C***sucker Blues  (1972)

Song of the South  (1946)

Don's Plum  (2001)

Frat House  (1998)

The Fantastic Four  (1994) - Roger Corman Production

The Brave  (1997)

Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story  (1987)

C***sucker Blues  (1972)

Question...exactly how was that posted on the marquee?

(to prevent this from happening)  -_-

LastTemptationProtest.jpg

Here's a prime film for TCM Underground. But I doubt you'll ever see it. I saw it when it came out. I actually screamed in the movie theater. My friend said, "I've never seen you like this!"  Quite a film:

cannibal-holocaust-original.jpg

"They" won't let me see these 10 movies.  "They" are therefore peckerwoods! 

Arnold's Wrecking Co. (1973)

I Could Never Have Sex With Any Man Who Has So Little Respect For My Husband  (1973)

Robin (1979)  Monica Tidwell

Towing (1977)  Sue Lyon

Grand Jury (1977)

Convention Girls (1978) ► I've got a poster for this movie, but can't find a copy of the film anywhere.  Sheesh! 

Young Cycle Girls (1979) original theatrical version;  there's a chopped-up Tv print out there that's been released on video.

T.R. Baskin (1971)

Man Called Gannon, A (1969)

AND

P.J. (1968) 

"They" won't let me see these 10 movies.  "They" are therefore peckerwoods! 

Arnold's Wrecking Co. (1973)

I Could Never Have Sex With Any Man Who Has So Little Respect For My Husband  (1973)

Robin (1979)  Monica Tidwell

Towing (1977)  Sue Lyon

Grand Jury (1977)

Convention Girls (1978) ► I've got a poster for this movie, but can't find a copy of the film anywhere.  Sheesh! 

Young Cycle Girls (1979) original theatrical version;  there's a chopped-up Tv print out there that's been released on video.

T.R. Baskin (1971)

Man Called Gannon, A (1969)

AND

P.J. (1968) 

Eleven--mm--no, twelve more reasons to be grateful to 'they.'