Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Disney: Treasures is right!

LonesomePolecat

I also especially loved the ghost hunter cartoon with Mickey, Goofy, and Donald-- one of my childhood favorites! "I'm brave! ... but I'm careful!"

Twas crazy for me to see what Disneyland was supposed to look like. I've been there so many times it trips me out to see, for example, the Penny Arcade on the wrong side of Main Street, or how small the park used to be (4 lands?!), or all those orange trees that used to be there.

Did anyone else enjoy those treasures from the Disney vault last night? Those just made my day! How have I never seen THIRD MAN ON THE MOUNTAIN? What incredible photography AND mountaineering!

Damn damn damn! I saw it in the movies when I was a kid and wanted to record it but forgot! I loved it the first time round!

--one of my childhood favorites! "I'm brave! ... but I'm careful!"

Hmmmmmm...sounds a lot like some lyrics Alanis Morrisette once wrote.

I wonder perhaps if just like John Lennon, who was inspired by some lines in Disney's "Snow White" to write "Do You Want To Know A Secret", if Morrisette might have seen this other Disney piece and been likewise inspired? 

I didn't get home til a quarter to ten, but I did enjoy The Reluctant Dragon and did not know that Fess Parker got the role of Dan'l Boone right after his part in Them!

Good stuff, TCM!

Did you mean Davy Crockett? Parker didn't portray Daniel Boone until the '60s.

I was so looking forward to Chip'an Dale. They were my favorites as a child. I even had the little Golden books of Chip'an Dale. Someone called during the airing last night, I had to take the call and missed it. I really hope TCM shows this Disney presentation again.

Well lavender, as I've said before, I always preferred the fellas at Warner Brothers' Termite Terrace's "gay" version of Chip and Dale...Mac and Tosh, when it comes to a pair of funny little rodents! ;)

(...and probably 'cause THEY never seemed to lose their temper like those little Disney chipmunks often seemed to!!!)  

Well lavender, as I've said before, I always preferred the fellas at Warner Brothers' Termite Terrace's "gay" version of Chip and Dale...Mac and Tosh, when it comes to a pair of funny little rodents! ;)

(...and probably 'cause THEY never seemed to lose their temper like those little Disney chipmunks often seemed to!!!)  

I don't care LOL- :D  I LOVED Chip and Dale so don't rain on parade buddy! :D ( and I was 5 years old when they were my favorites) ;)

• Like 1

I was so looking forward to Chip'an Dale. They were my favorites as a child. I even had the little Golden books of Chip'an Dale. Someone called during the airing last night, I had to take the call and missed it. I really hope TCM shows this Disney presentation again.

FYI nearly all of Disney's cartoons are viewable on YouTube.  Here's just a sampler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s57Swk46qEE

Yes. I meant Davy Crockett. That's what working the graveyard shift will do to ya.

It's easily explained. It was a genius move for Fess Parker to go from Davy Crockett to Daniel Boone and continue wearing coonskin caps on television. NBC's "Daniel Boone" aired for six seasons -- most of them in glorious color -- and remains a television staple thanks to MeTV!

Did anyone else enjoy those treasures from the Disney vault last night? Those just made my day! How have I never seen THIRD MAN ON THE MOUNTAIN? What incredible photography AND mountaineering!

I hope they eventually show Swiss Family Robinson, which re-teams Third Man on the Mountain co-stars James MacArthur and Janet Munro. 

I hope they eventually show Swiss Family Robinson, which re-teams Third Man on the Mountain co-stars James MacArthur and Janet Munro. 

And don't forget James Mac Arthur's first movie assignment at Disney, THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST. That one would be a premiere showing on TCM.

And don't forget James Mac Arthur's first movie assignment at Disney, THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST. That one would be a premiere showing on TCM.

Yes, while the movie is definitely the Disney version of the book, it is pretty good.

And James MacArthur looks so hot with that mohawk!

hqdefault.jpg

341479.jpg

$_35.JPG

mqdefault.jpg

512KCWJCT4L.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings